Cadets 2016

Tobias

So they're doing the exact same show that Mandarins did last year? Bunch of statues on the field, they come to life, hijinks happen, statues go back to sleep.

Don't look away.

985.jpg

Where'd you get the pic of my ex??? :shutup:

But sursly. I'm very intrigued to see what they do with this, lots of directions they could take. That hornline + Respighi. Mmmmmmm.

Maybe consider adding a word or so to the title so those high school bandos don't giggle every time the show is announced.

Edited by DrumManTx

12375960_10153289267071911_7614418927335

From GH's FB page:

So 2016 is underway . How much stays ?
How much changes ?

Well I assure you there will be many , many recreations of the ideas and concepts

That said ....

What is the base ? The foundation from where we begin ?

Hmmmm ...
The show is a fantasy
Through the 11 minutes statues come to life . Lots of statues . At least 36 statues ....

But ...
What is a statue and what is real ?

Can statues survive ?
Do humans turn to stone ?
How ? Why ?

These is so so much to consider and develop this is for sure . But above lies the basic concept.

So let's begin ....

We are happy to give our friends, fans , alumni and observers access to the process and development

We hope you enjoy and thank you for the support

So they're doing the exact same show that Mandarins did last year? Bunch of statues on the field, they come to life, hijinks happen, statues go back to sleep.

Oh please. Mandarins show was more Asian-based (and closer to Cavies' "Samurai" show more than anything) and they had ONE set in which the entire corps hit behind Samurai-type figures. How about we just keep an open mind here?

• Like 3

We already knew the show was going to be called "Stoned" and that it was going to be about statues. We were also already told they were going to use the first movement of Pines of Rome. So I guess the announcement was a picture of a statue with the word "Stoned" on it.

I think he's using this particular title on purpose "because" it causes discussion/controversy. Some of the comments on his FB post are funny.

Oh please. Mandarins show was more Asian-based (and closer to Cavies' "Samurai" show more than anything) and they had ONE set in which the entire corps hit behind Samurai-type figures. How about we just keep an open mind here?

They're using different music than the Mandarins show and you know the quality will be way better as well. To be honest, I forgot about the Mandarins show and I saw it live last summer. That's saying something.

We already knew the show was going to be called "Stoned" and that it was going to be about statues. We were also already told they were going to use the first movement of Pines of Rome. So I guess the announcement was a picture of a statue with the word "Stoned" on it.

I think he's using this particular title on purpose "because" it causes discussion/controversy. Some of the comments on his FB post are funny.

You guys are really unbelievable sometimes.

• Like 2