Troopers 2016

So, you know me, I like to hang around the Troopers' website. Usually, a drum corps' site is a sleepy place in the fall and winter, but these days, the Troop site is hopping.

This is a new one on me, but I guess it's the way the activity is going: Troop has announced it's bringing on John Davidson as sound designer. I gather he's currently based in the D.C. area, working as senior sound designer for Interface Media Group.

I'm not sure what to expect, exactly, but DVD put it this way in the release:

"Sound design and the production of soundscapes has become an integral part of the musical mix and presentation in drum corps today. Up to this point, the Troopers have only scratched the surface. I am overjoyed to have a professional sound designer like John Davidson on our design team."

So, you know me, I like to hang around the Troopers' website. Usually, a drum corps' site is a sleepy place in the fall and winter, but these days, the Troop site is hopping.
This is a new one on me, but I guess it's the way the activity is going: Troop has announced it's bringing on John Davidson as sound designer. I gather he's currently based in the D.C. area, working as senior sound designer for Interface Media Group.
I'm not sure what to expect, exactly, but DVD put it this way in the release:
"Sound design and the production of soundscapes has become an integral part of the musical mix and presentation in drum corps today. Up to this point, the Troopers have only scratched the surface. I am overjoyed to have a professional sound designer like John Davidson on our design team."

Looks like the Casper, Wyoming crowd decided smoke signals weren't enough. :wow: :-)

Looks like the Casper, Wyoming crowd decided smoke signals weren't enough. :wow: :-)

Only those wafting their direction from Colorado way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Troopers come out of the gates swinging. Looks like they mean business.

Was at first audition camp this weekend. I think "come out of the gates swinging" is definitely the idea. :ninja:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Did you report it to NASA or NORAD?

Did Cowboys and Aliens have a soundtrack of any note? :-P

Anyway -- to me, that graphic looks less alien, and more ghostly.

"Performing their 2016 program, Ghost Town, ..."

Not sure what that might look like.

Edited by ChuckH

Did Cowboys and Aliens have a soundtrack of any note? :-P

Anyway -- to me, that graphic looks less alien, and more ghostly.

"Performing their 2016 program, Ghost Town, ..."

Not sure what that might look like.

To this Easterner who will comment only because I am slightly bow-legged, it looks more like a cattle brand on fire. I was thinking the show title would be "Branded!"

• Like 1