Troopers 2016

We have a word. That slightly narrows to scope of the infinite possibilities of shows there are to do. Who is our hero? Are they saving someone from something? What are they saving someone from? Is there a villain/foe/enemy? What are their motivations and methods? Is it a specific hero or is it a more broad representation of this word? Real or fictional?

Not negative questions, just has me imagining the many ways and directions that you could interpret a single word. I like that kind of contemplation. :music:

Still lots of room for interpretation. I always think it's not the theme, it's how it's presented. It's a word that I could see the Troopers interpret in a plethora of ways. Given their progress last year in a MUCH more ambitous show especially in the visual aspect paired with a constant growth in both brass and percussion as well as their fantastic GE scores in recent seasons, I'm excited to see how they keep growing. They may have placed pretty much the exact same in the past 3 seasons, but the growth has been more than obvious. Seems like they made some BIG changes in the visual side. I think the future is bright.

no, a sandwich hero (as one is considered a hero for finishing it all) is also known in some places, such as Groton, Ct., as a submarine due to the shape of the roll or in other places, like Philadelphia, as a "hoagie" for reasons unknown most anywhere else and certainly in Casper, Wyoming.

"Sub" here in central NY as well...and I've also heard the term "grinder." Not sure, but I think that might be in the midwest. Anyway...

Edited by HornTeacher

We have a word. That slightly narrows to scope of the infinite possibilities of shows there are to do. Who is our hero? Are they saving someone from something? What are they saving someone from? Is there a villain/foe/enemy? What are their motivations and methods? Is it a specific hero or is it a more broad representation of this word? Real or fictional?

Not negative questions, just has me imagining the many ways and directions that you could interpret a single word. I like that kind of contemplation. :music:

Still lots of room for interpretation. I always think it's not the theme, it's how it's presented. It's a word that I could see the Troopers interpret in a plethora of ways. Given their progress last year in a MUCH more ambitous show especially in the visual aspect paired with a constant growth in both brass and percussion as well as their fantastic GE scores in recent seasons, I'm excited to see how they keep growing. They may have placed pretty much the exact same in the past 3 seasons, but the growth has been more than obvious. Seems like they made some BIG changes in the visual side. I think the future is bright.

I find the period at the end of the word fascinating, rather than the simple and direct "hero". Maybe something to do with a person whose heroic nature has been open to discussion in the past -- and Troop is making a statement of "Hero. (Implied: End of Story -- no discussion.)" Then again, I may be simply talking out of my hat.

Edited by HornTeacher

I had my glasses off and initially misread that as "nero." (Not sure how we'd design a Roman show for the Troopers. But it sounds like it'd be an interesting challenge. Also, there'd be the extra complicating factor of putting typewritten documents in nero's Rome.)

Well, it must not be an important hero ... only merited a lower case 'h', don't you know.

Not along the lines of Hercules, or Hector. Maybe Johnny Appleseed, or Daniel Boone.

You actually bring up a good point here - not all heroes that we hear about are superheroes. In fact, I've often heard people like firefighters and policemen referred to as "real-life superheroes."
  • Like 2

tumblr_mveh6fTqAo1r9i187o2_500.jpg

I look forward to the day someone has the b**ls to try something like this.

I look forward to the day someone has the b**ls to try something like this.

Sez you sitting in your air conditioned den watching the Fan Network or whatever in your climate control, no more than six steps to the refrig, bathroom always at the ready.

Now imagine you're a MM trying to unlock that whole contraption just to do #1, let alone being a female MM or having to do #2 between the bus and the gate.

Sure you pseudo-designers have your grand ideas and fantasies but let's live in the real world of Texas temps for contests, Swamp Tour, and 90 days from ST to Finals.

Then again, this may be the only protection from the native insects that is helpful during Swamp Tour in the bayous...

But really if Cesario and Stan Berry had to wear their own creatopms for at least a week in the 100+ temps Texas and parts have for DCI, everyone's uni would more resemble VK rather than the Stormtroopers (dibs already belonging to Regt.'s snareline.)

Edited by xandandl