Troopers 2016

Fixed it for you, I think you meant multi-year vets are the norm. I understand they've even had a couple of percussion vets return after being offered spots with a top 5 line.

Those that you describe are still the exception and not the norm. In say a 9-5-4 battery, 4 to 5 returning vets is still the exception, even with age outs.

Those that you describe are still the exception and not the norm. In say a 9-5-4 battery, 4 to 5 returning vets is still the exception, even with age outs.

That's probably about right, just based on eyeballing it. The question is, how does it compare to similar corps?

He finished the season on crutches. Now he's ready to get back in the line. Kids like this make me feel hopeful about America.

I'm with you, 2much. And it's more and more difficult to come by. We should trying like hell to accentuate the positives of our kids and activities. Thanks for the thought.

• Like 1

Alyson Downs, Color Guard Tech

Eight -- count 'em, eight -- years in Troopers CG. You remember the CG member in the classic white captain uniform presenting the American Flag at the end of the 2013 "Maginificent 11" show. That's her.

Jimi Burciaga, Color Guard Tech

Former member of Glassmen; R2 Performance Group; Crown Guard; Zydeco World Guard. Instructor at various HS for 12 years.

Carlos Herrera, Color Guard Tech

Aged out with BD; performer with BD International. Has taught HS in Texas; now living and teaching in Indiana.

Robert Morales, Color Guard Tech

Impulse Drum & Corps; Diamanté Winter Guard; Blue Devils for four years and BD International 1 year; Fantasia Winter Guard. Has taught at Academy and HS.

Heather Lamantia, Color Guard Tech

Marched with Capital Regiment, and Zydeco, where she also has been an instructor. Currently teaches at several Texas HS and an independent guard.

• Like 1

Seems to me like the Troopers is being very methodical with building the program. Looking forward to hanging out with some Troop folks next week at their audition camp near Dallas!

Edited by TerriTroop
  • Like 1

Seems to me like the Troopers is being very methodical with building the program. Looking forward to hanging out with some Troop folks next week at their audition camp near Dallas!

Happy trails to Big D, Terri. Godspeed.

I'm very happy AND excited to see the staff development this off-season. I hope they can come up with a program to match the instructional talent.