Troopers 2016

Tim represents the Troopers in this situation. It's that simple. would Jim Jones condone this behavior? Tim was the Troopers at this moment. Your values matter most in a moment of crisis. Sometimes you need to be the bigger man. Okay, he was put in a choke hold. Yeah? So? You represent the Troopers Tim. What should you have done? His reaction cannot be rationalized away. He should apologize to his corps and step down.

I'm trying to give Tim the benefit of the doubt, but it is difficult with what I've seen. Maybe a fuller video will help me. And a full explanation from the Troopers themselves would help to clear this up.

Oh God please do shut up - "Okay, he was put in a choke hold. Yeah? So?"

So?, So he was physically assaulted, and (if the details recounted by people there are correct) the assailant also bit one of the women there, not to mention throwing equipment around. At that point he proved that he was unstable and dangerous and needed to be neutralized before he hurt one of the members. So he knocked him on his butt, and made sure he stayed down. If the details reported are correct, he was 100% in the right and protected his students from someone who was clearly unstable and out of control.

He should be given a medal, not a reprimand.

Oh God please do shut up - "Okay, he was put in a choke hold. Yeah? So?"

So?, So he was physically assaulted, and (if the details recounted by people there are correct) the assailant also bit one of the women there, not to mention throwing equipment around. At that point he proved that he was unstable and dangerous and needed to be neutralized before he hurt one of the members. So he knocked him on his butt, and made sure he stayed down. If the details reported are correct, he was 100% in the right and protected his students from someone who was clearly unstable and out of control.

He should be given a medal, not a reprimand.

You certainly have more information than I've seen in the public arena. Or, I don't know where to look.

From a legal perspective it's very simple:

The employee of Lucas Oil Stadium has the right to ask the Troopers and their staff to exit an area regardless of corps traditions. It is the job of the drum corps to first and foremost follow the rules of the stadium. The instructor of the Troopers, who are licensing use of the stadium (through DCI), must know of those rules and follow them. Failure to do so is not good. Becoming irate and starting a physical fight with a stadium employee is not only wrong, but it's assault with intention to harm.

LOS and their employee may file suit against the Troopers. DCI may try their best to smooth things over so it doesn't come to a suit. Most likely this Troopers' instructor will be canned.

Video is right there. He didn't start anything. You guys are just trying to find a way to make this sound bad.

• Like 1

Video is right there. He didn't start anything. You guys are just trying to find a way to make this sound bad.

Right where? Not on the troopers website or FB page. You got a url?

So, an eye for an eye, is that the standard you're all applying here? Tim's actions were justified because the other guy started it? Is this the Trooper way? Is it? I sure hope not.

• Like 1

Edited by wvu80

No, the standard is that a dangerous person who was clearly unstable and violent with multiple people (as well as with their equipment) was neutralized before his actions affected the members directly. He protected the corps, the members, and their property. I sure hope that is the Trooper way. [/quot

Nothing justifies this response.

Edited by HockeyDad