Troopers 2016

From a legal perspective it's very simple:

The employee of Lucas Oil Stadium has the right to ask the Troopers and their staff to exit an area regardless of corps traditions. It is the job of the drum corps to first and foremost follow the rules of the stadium. The instructor of the Troopers, who are licensing use of the stadium (through DCI), must know of those rules and follow them. Failure to do so is not good. Becoming irate and starting a physical fight with a stadium employee is not only wrong, but it's assault with intention to harm.

LOS and their employee may file suit against the Troopers. DCI may try their best to smooth things over so it doesn't come to a suit. Most likely this Troopers' instructor will be canned.

• Like 2

The employee of Lucas Oil Stadium has the right to ask the Troopers and their staff to exit an area regardless of corps traditions. It is the job of the drum corps to first and foremost follow the rules of the stadium. The instructor of the Troopers, who are licensing use of the stadium (through DCI), must know of those rules and follow them. Failure to do so is not good. Becoming irate and starting a physical fight with a stadium employee is not only wrong, but it's assault with intention to harm.

LOS and their employee may file suit against the Troopers. DCI may try their best to smooth things over so it doesn't come to a suit. Most likely this Troopers' instructor will be canned.

Just to be clear, the LOS employee threw the first punches (metaphorically speaking, I think he actually attempted a chokehold rather than a punch). But regardless, the Troopers' instructor escalated it way past where it should have gone. Edited by Cappybara

The employee of Lucas Oil Stadium has the right to ask the Troopers and their staff to exit an area regardless of corps traditions. It is the job of the drum corps to first and foremost follow the rules of the stadium. The instructor of the Troopers, who are licensing use of the stadium (through DCI), must know of those rules and follow them. Failure to do so is not good. Becoming irate and starting a physical fight with a stadium employee is not only wrong, but it's assault with int

Indy police told Tim he could press charges against the LOS guy for assaulting him first.

• Like 1

Just like many other scandals on DCP this will soon be forgotten. He may step down, he might not. He might be fired, he might not.

History here has shown that issues like these-and issues more egregious-will remain in the spotlight for a period of time, and then shortly be forgotten. The DCP community has a short memory, or perhaps chooses to forget scandals.

Where can we find the "longer video"?

It currently exists only on Facebook and is not publicly visible, though that may soon change in response to the shorter video making the rounds.

Honestly I wasn't there so I'm not gonna make any judgements. I have thoughts on what that 12 second video, but I didn't see what happened before that. He may have got a little out of hand at the end there, but I'll trust that he was defending himself. In the end, I've learned a video doesn't always offer the true story.

• Like 2

Honestly I wasn't there so I'm not gonna make any judgements. I have thoughts on what that 12 second video, but I didn't see what happened before that. He may have got a little out of hand at the end there, but I'll trust that he was defending himself. In the end, I've learned a video doesn't always offer the true story.

You sound like a mature person.

Unfortunately, this means you stick out.

• Like 1

Tim represents the Troopers in this situation. It's that simple. would Jim Jones condone this behavior? Tim was the Troopers at this moment. Your values matter most in a moment of crisis. Sometimes you need to be the bigger man. Okay, he was put in a choke hold. Yeah? So? You represent the Troopers Tim. What should you have done? His reaction cannot be rationalized away. He should apologize to his corps and step down.

• Like 2