DCI in California? Maybe problems...

Isn't DCI locked into Indy until 2028?

For Championships yes. There are still "Regionals," quasi-regionals, big shows, and sponsored shows as in

"... voiced speculation that the new NFL stadium in Santa Clara might provide a great venue for drum corps, be a possible place for SCV to host its anniversary in 2017, and provide an alternative for the regional should the Cardinal band actually need its stadium for a drill rehearsal at Stanford."

Wasn't there a BOA Regional there just last month?

Wasn't there a BOA Regional there just last month?

Right you are. Sept. 19th.

Now, who is going to do "ground testing" to go along with the "sound testings" for the Florida shows? You know Florida, Sink-hole Central USA!

Was at Qualcom for the Monday night game in the upper deck 20 yard line. Real good view of the whole field.

I thought the sidelines were a bit far back from the stands at TOC in 04...have they moved closer?

That was the last time I was at Jack Murphy (not Qualcomm....NEVER will I call it Qualcomm....it's always The Murph)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 5 minutes away from Levi's. The latest issue to hit the airwaves is that the giant video screens are too bright for pilots when they fly near the stadium at night. It's in the general flight path for San Jose International.

Traffic hasn't been bad given the way the 49ers have been playing this season. I anticipate it'll be hell when the Super Bowl arrives in a couple months.

I would still love to walk to Finals from home.

I've been to Levi's Stadium. Not really impressed for a 1.2 billion stadium. Was there for 2014 Pac 12 championship game. It just didn't feel comfortable or fan friendly say like Investco in Denver or mayke Arrowhead in KC (love the look of that stadium). Parking is here and there. Not really a huge parking structure. You have to park at nearby local tech companies multi story garage. No real public transportation system unless you use the light rail which I read can;t really handle large amounts of people. Weather wise it would be ideal in the summer for finals. Finals in Santa Clara....I doubt it. Finals in California ever again...probably not in my life span.