Old Corps Props Never Die - Just Recycled

Zingalli's Drill & Guard work with 27th, perhaps Yes. Its all a matter of opinion of course, but in Percussion for example, Boston was not only the most innovative Drum Corps in the Northeast, a compelling case can be made( that in bygone days), the Boston Crusaders were one of the most innovative and creative Percussion lines in the entire Country ( and maybe in History too ) ie... 1st Drum Corps to march double tenors.... 1st Drum Corps to march a Timpani..... 1st Drum Corps ever to use " electronics ", ( a syntheziser) in DCI competition ( willing to take a DCI penalty in competition for the freedom to use it too, as it was prohibited at the time ).. among other innovation " firsts " by BAC in Percussion. Just sayin', you know ?

I agree that BAC was innovative, but I was speaking about a specific time period, roughly 1975-1980. Some of the things you mentioned were prior to that time. Also not too long after that period, BAC could be very experimental though they are not always credited. Sadly, the innovation BAC can be credited for:saving a corps many people wrote off, making that corps a consistent finalist, and keeping its character is not copied. Perhaps if it were, there would be more corps. If you think about it, no other drum corps did it quite as Boston Crusaders did.

• Like 2

Which was (I think) first used by the Union HS Winter Guard in about 1985 and the Center Grove HS Marching Band in 1987.

which were effects used by the late Gary Czapinski (Marie's husband) with his Canadian corps back in the late '70's.

I thought the OP was trying to do something of more recent vintage of recent props ending up elsewhere than DCI.

• Like 1

which were effects used by the late Gary Czapinski (Marie's husband) with his Canadian corps back in the late '70's.

I thought the OP was trying to do something of more recent vintage of recent props ending up elsewhere than DCI.

I was, but then this is DCP. Threads tend to take on a life of their own. Sigh!

I was, but then this is DCP. Threads tend to take on a life of their own. Sigh!

Yes, its true, we ( myself included )sometimes run the risk of constantly risking absurdity here on DCP.

Some Corps should try to replicate in a show what we do here.

Who knows.. It just might get them real close to a DCI Title if its executed as well as we execute our daily absurdity here. ( haha..)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...