Old Corps Props Never Die - Just Recycled

Have you spotted any DCI 2015 props in High School or College band shows?

I've known about this one for a while, but didn't have any photos until the last competition of the season. Rome (GA) High School Marching Band acquired the gold Carolina Crown banner to use in their finale to their "Salvation Lies Within" show. This is from this year's Peach State competition. Rome HS was the host band, so they performed in exhibition along with the JSU Marching Southerners.

DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

Are there any other Corps props living out their retirement with appreciative bands? Please let us know, with pictures if you have them.

There are some older uniforms that can be purchased on Ebay. This particular one could be a fun one for a halloween party gathering, for example :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Stanbury-Marching-Band-Uniform-Jacket-Sash-Trojans-Gold-Black-White-/171964857324?hash=item2809e77bec:g:XoUAAOSwEeFU3OKk

I saw an Instagram post earlier this fall that contained the Millard West High School Band (state, anyone?). They used one of the Bluecoats' atom props from this past summer, and they painted it orange.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

I saw an Instagram post earlier this fall that contained the Millard West High School Band (state, anyone?). They used one of the Bluecoats' atom props from this past summer, and they spray-painted it orange.

Correct. They are out of Nebraska. The Blueocats posted on their Instagram:

3 weeks ago - Look what we found! We dig the orange. Millard West HS, Omaha, NE #Bloo15 #DCI #KineticNoise

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

The marching band from Chesapeake, a small H.S. in southern Ohio (total enrollment less than 350), appears to be using another of the Bluecoats' 2015 spheres:

• Like 1

I wonder which happens more:

Props we see in DCI first, then we see appear in competitions in the School Band World. Or......

Props we see in the School Band World, then we see appear in competitions in the DCI competitions.

? ?

• Like 1

This isn't from last season, but I've lost count of how many different South Carolina HS bands I've seen use the towers from Crown's '11 show. Nation Ford High School (Fort Mill, SC) is using the cubes from Crown's '12 show this year.

20151017_153301_zpsodijeblz.jpg

Edited by crownisking

Cal High from San Ramon, CA used some Feliniesque props for their winter show last year. Andrew Odello is the driving force behind them of course. We miss him at Foothill but my son is still teaching there.

Cal High from San Ramon, CA used some Feliniesque props for their winter show last year. Andrew Odello is the driving force behind them of course. We miss him at Foothill but my son is still teaching there.

Someone posted on DCP earlier that Clare was a prop with BD. If so, I wonder where she'll end up?