Cadets2 2016

60+ brass at C2 camp today. Full percussion line. The corps seems to be growing on the momentum from 2015.

• Like 3

Just saw the post on FB with a goodly sized clip of what I would think is the end of the program.

Tell you what-- I'm breaking stuff down very analytically, etc., feeling the corps forcing a bit, etc. then realizing in the back of my mind,

This is January 21. :exclamation: :cool:

If they can get this down at that tempo with the visual program, integrate it all, and get the horns more out of their musical straitjacket, they'll be quite, quite exciting and enjoyable this season, and I'll be looking forward to seeing them.

Just saw the post on FB with a goodly sized clip of what I would think is the end of the program.

Tell you what-- I'm breaking stuff down very analytically, etc., feeling the corps forcing a bit, etc. then realizing in the back of my mind,

This is January 21. :exclamation: :cool:

If they can get this down at that tempo with the visual program, integrate it all, and get the horns more out of their musical straitjacket, they'll be quite, quite exciting and enjoyable this season, and I'll be looking forward to seeing them.

Good point...we spoke about the drumline and groove. The hornline also needs to perform with groove.

Really guys?

Like you said...this is January. The fact that they have this much in ensemble is a testament. We all know that what you see and hear in January has little impact on what you see and hear in Rochester. Heck, for that matter what you see and hear a month before has little impact on what you see and hear in Rochester!

Dan

Really guys?

Like you said...this is January. The fact that they have this much in ensemble is a testament. We all know that what you see and hear in January has little impact on what you see and hear in Rochester. Heck, for that matter what you see and hear a month before has little impact on what you see and hear in Rochester!

Dan

Championships are won in January, Dan. The Buccaneers know that, the Blue Devils know that, and I'm pretty sure the Cadets have some experience in that area as well. A DCA corps with the resources of a DCI corps? Yea, this is what the longtime DCA corps dream of (even if they won't admit it).

I may each one of their competitors, but I'm going to enjoy seeing what C2 is able to do this year.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

A DCA corps with the resources of a DCI corps? Yea, this is what the longtime DCA corps dream of (even if they won't admit it).

I saw what you did there. :tongue:

• Like 1