Crown Drum Major Audition

I will be auditioning for the Drum Major/Field Conductor spot for Carolina Crown in a few days. Is there any advice anyone could give me?

I will be auditioning for the Drum Major/Field Conductor spot for Carolina Crown in a few days. Is there any advice anyone could give me?

Be confident, poised approach everything as a leader. The rest they will teach you.,

Delete this post, ask the mods to strike it from the board

Many corps don’t look kindly to their members flying their corps flags on here more so in a leadership position and even though you are not yet a member, perhaps it’s best to find out a bit about the Crown Culture in respect to these things or at least take their name out of it

Sort of seems like a brag post too which I’m not sure translates well to being a DM

• Like 1

Seriously, Michael Klesch, Crown's brass arranger, was himself a championship winning DCI drum major when he marched last century.

You'll find him a great teacher, an enthusiastic and concerned educator, and a humerous but thorough musician with whom you will be at ease yet well tested.

All he'll seek is that you attempt your best, that you listen, and that you are teachable.

Best of luck and enjoy the experience and people.

• Like 1

You're unlikely to receive any worthwhile advice here. You'd have a much better chance by posting on the /r/drumcorps sub-Reddit which is far more open and caters to a more contemporary crowd.

oh PUH LEEZE