Colts 2016

If they don't stumble any with who they lost I will be very very impressed.

Interesting title.

Staff or students? New staff is pushing hard and the students are responding and the show concept sounds great! As far as loss of possible vets, they have more than made up for it with the best audition tryout numbers in corps history!

• Like 1

Staff or students? New staff is pushing hard and the students are responding and the show concept sounds great! As far as loss of possible vets, they have more than made up for it with the best audition tryout numbers in corps history!

I just know how it can be sometimes when there are big shifts, sometimes there are adjusting years, sometimes there's no change.

LOVED 2015 and highly respected 2014, just some big changes that I'm interested to see how they work out.

• Like 1

This feels like a departure from their '14 and '15 shows. That's too bad because I really admired those shows and thought they made Colts stand out from the other corps that don't usually make finals.

EDIT: I guess I should at least wait until I see the show to form an opinion though.

Edited by crownisking

This feels like a departure from their '14 and '15 shows. That's too bad because I really admired those shows and thought they made Colts stand out from the other corps that don't usually make finals.

EDIT: I guess I should at least wait until I see the show to form an opinion though.

It is going to be a departure but I think in a good way. The last two years have left many people questioning the amount of time the brass and percussion were actually playing and relied so much on a "voice". This year (at least what we've heard so far) there will be no question about the amount of time the brass and percussion are playing and the complexity of the music.

It is going to be a departure but I think in a good way. The last two years have left many people questioning the amount of time the brass and percussion were actually playing and relied so much on a "voice". This year (at least what we've heard so far) there will be no question about the amount of time the brass and percussion are playing and the complexity of the music.

I like the sound of that!

Interesting you mention that. I noticed last year they had what sounded like one of their best brass sections ever, but I was rather disappointed in the amount of voice in the show that distracted from that. And maybe it is just me, but their brass kind of reminded me of the Spirit of Atlanta hornlines from the 80s(which is kind of funny since their show was very similar to Spirit's show from a couple of year ago). Which made it even more disappointing that they didn't get the chance to shine a little bit more.

Not too excited about the show title until song titles are announced, as there are a million different directions they could go with that show title. But I am really looking forward to hearing what the entire show will be. The last 2 years programs have been interesting, and I think the staff has done a great job of changing the shows mid season to improve them quite a bit. Early season I wasn't too excited, but loved both shows by finals week.

• Like 1

I actually liked Colts last year AND the narration!

I'm just a tad bit biased but I liked it as well! However, with the new staff coming in, I really like the direction they are trying to take the corps this year. I really hope it pays off in the end. It's been great to see all the progress and the mindset they are trying to build early this year and the way they are setting up the pre-season camps so that they are prepared to start the competitive season strong.