Colts 2016

For the last two years, I didn't like either show on first hearing, but by the end I was totally into it. I think it's a neat niche for the Colts to occupy, and I kind of hope they keep exploring it.

Mike

Pretty much the same thoughts here, Mike.

I thought both shows were cool.... on second viewing. LOL. You're right.... unique.

Will there be narration again this year?

Bite your tongue sir!

How was their vet retention? With so many changes, the vets might take their chances elsewhere.

I think it is a little lower than last year but a great turnout at the first camp, and all sections looked and sounded strong. From years past, the 2nd camp always seems to have more come to audition or have a higher vet number come. I believe they may be looking for tubas so check out their site if you are interested!

I think it is a little lower than last year but a great turnout at the first camp, and all sections looked and sounded strong. From years past, the 2nd camp always seems to have more come to audition or have a higher vet number come. I believe they may be looking for tubas so check out their site if you are interested!

Edited by garfield

Second camp always has more kids because those who tried to move up to the top 12 and didn't make it come back to their original corps. I heard about quite a few Colts brass players being contracted with Cadets and assorted other corps. I hope there are enough vets left for them to build on with the new staff.

Edited by DCI232323

• 2 weeks later...

Largest turnout ever for a Colts audition camp this past weekend! After being at the first two camps, I LOVE what the new staff and coordinators are bringing to the table! The returning members are getting the word out which is bringing tons of new possible members in to audition. Got a chance to hear the opener from the brass and percussion and a piece of the second number from the just the brass and it's only December! Really different from the last couple of years and exciting and the bar is being set higher than I've seen in the past.

http://www.colts.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=878

• 1 month later...

Colts 2016: "Nachtmusik"

https://twitter.com/...264953649188864

What are the songs/titles?

Songs have not been released yet, but once they are, I think everyone will be very excited at the direction the Colts are going this year! Every "night" the Colts will be a corps to watch!

Edited by Pit Dad
  • Like 1