2016 Uniform Thread

Blue Devils shouldn't have to wear blue. Bluecoats shouldn't have to wear blue coats. Didn't they wear a different color jacket in their history? Let all the old military looks die!

It looks like you're lost. Here you go:

www.winterguardplanet.com

Blue Devils shouldn't have to wear blue. Bluecoats shouldn't have to wear blue coats. Didn't they wear a different color jacket in their history? Let all the old military looks die!

Umm. No.

• Like 1

SCV winterguard should have to wear SCV uniforms since the requirement is there that a group must be identifiable as they are walking up. Oh the horror that the fans must go through every winter.

Edited by rmurrey74
  • Like 2

SCV winterguard should have to wear SCV uniforms since the requirement is there that a group must be identifiable as they are walking up. Oh the horror that the fans must go through every winter.

I still think you are confused. WGI and DCI are two separate activities. Im not sure why you feel that two distinct activities with different audiences and appeals need to be the same. I'll quote Google here: "Be together. Not the same."

Honestly, props to Boston Crusaders for being the only corps in my opinion to maintain their identity while still being modern, classy, and having a uniform that isn't going to cause heat stroke among its members.

I personally don't care at all on whether a uniform looks "masculine" or not because I think saying those kind of things carries a very homophobic/sexist connotation. But I do think a lot of these uniforms are sacrificing too much in tradition for the sake of matching a show theme. Or just making plain stupid decisions that end up making a uniform look gaudy.

These are surprising statements given how much of a call you've given about a certain corps needing to ditch their traditional uniforms at the sake of becoming more "modern".

I still think you are confused. WGI and DCI are two separate activities. Im not sure why you feel that two distinct activities with different audiences and appeals need to be the same. I'll quote Google here: "Be together. Not the same."

Got it. Thanks

WGI is further ahead.

Edited by rmurrey74
  • Like 1

These are surprising statements given how much of a call you've given about a certain corps needing to ditch their traditional uniforms at the sake of becoming more "modern".

I love Cadets' black uniform. You can still identify them as the Cadets, can you not? It's still the same West point style uniform. I think modernization is necessary but things aren't black and white. You don't have to go all the way to the other extreme. Make sense?

• Like 1

What corps still wear military style uniforms by your definition?

I love Cadets' black uniform. You can still identify them as the Cadets, can you not? It's still the same West point style uniform. I think modernization is necessary but things aren't black and white. You don't have to go all the way to the other extreme. Make sense?

I see your point, I just like knowing who it is when they enter the stadium, but change is necessary to move forward.

• Like 1

Take a deep breath...

• Like 1