Oregon Crusaders 2016 "Hunted"

Im just excited the corps is mostly full at this point with only a few euph spots remaining. Definitely going to be one to watch this yeae.

Now stay healthy OC! That goes for all corps!

OC was my favorite corps outside of the top 12 last year. I really enjoyed their show and I can't wait to see what they put on the field this year! I have high hopes for OC!

• Like 2

Just watched scene 1 and scene 2.

Won't give anything away, but they use some lyrics from some of the source music in the preshow that set the tone perfectly for the theme. Some more added in electronics and synth stuff that really fills it out. Death Hunt is very, very nice.

I'm very impressed so far.

I marched Oregon Crusaders last year on Trumpet. Transitioning to college has prevented me from marching Drum Corps again this summer, however I am part of OCVIP for 2016 and I am proud of the corps! Great progress and growth!

Show is coming along VERY nicely, has been fun to watch it develop for sure. Thank you to the OCVIP crew on daily stuff, love it.

Definitely behind, but later move ins = later first show, so when you think about it, they get another week of prep so it kinda balances it out.

Drums and front ensemble stick out, big time. But in the best of ways, definitely leading the corps right now. They are developing a killer front ensemble in addition to their awesome drums.

Horns are getting there, sound really great at times. Death Hunt is definitely their sweet spot right now.

Guard stronger every day, some great saber stuff in the ballad!

Show seems very cool, fleshed out more each time I see it. Looks like some skeletons of some props are being integrated, makes the corps look bigger. By shrinking up the field space. Can't tell if they're quite fielding a full 150 this year.

Good stuff!

Show is coming along VERY nicely, has been fun to watch it develop for sure. Thank you to the OCVIP crew on daily stuff, love it.

Definitely behind, but later move ins = later first show, so when you think about it, they get another week of prep so it kinda balances it out.

Drums and front ensemble stick out, big time. But in the best of ways, definitely leading the corps right now. They are developing a killer front ensemble in addition to their awesome drums.

Horns are getting there, sound really great at times. Death Hunt is definitely their sweet spot right now.

Guard stronger every day, some great saber stuff in the ballad!

Show seems very cool, fleshed out more each time I see it. Looks like some skeletons of some props are being integrated, makes the corps look bigger. By shrinking up the field space. Can't tell if they're quite fielding a full 150 this year.

Good stuff!

I think they're still trying to fill a few spots

I am loving the pit feature in scene 3. It's already bam in your face and will only get better. I also realized just now that the vocal opener is live and it makes me love it more. Draws me in emotionally right away. I agree the brass and guard have some work to do but that's pretty much always the way it is with OC.

I find myself wanting more from the Queen ballad. I hope they flesh it out a bit more musically. Has the potential to be a spectacular ballad. The viola is hauntingly beautiful but I wander if it's too soon after Nevermore?

Visually it's hard to get a read only due to the limited camera scope. Corps does appear smaller than it actually is but again, that may just be because of camera angles. The ballad looks to highlight the guard with a dance feature - hornline/battery in back.

I am certain they intend to field a full 150. Last I saw they were looking for euphs. It is always a summer of catch up for OC given their later start.

Edited by luv4corps