No Detailed Recaps

Personally I feel this is DCI trying to hide the inconsistencies of the judges that were seen last year. From one night (and panel of judges) to the next, or week to week, we saw some pretty significant fluctuations in scores for many groups. Is this possibly just an attempt to hide something by DCI? Not that any of us would ever think that they might do something somewhat shady?!?!?!?!?!

• Like 1

Well, I am a tool, but let's not get personal.

And after that little monster jumps out of Dan's chest, they knock your head off and you spew hydraulic body fluid all over the place finally proving that you are a DCI android and tool.

Oh wait. Wrong movie.

:satisfied:

Personally I feel this is DCI trying to hide the inconsistencies of the judges that were seen last year. From one night (and panel of judges) to the next, or week to week, we saw some pretty significant fluctuations in scores for many groups. Is this possibly just an attempt to hide something by DCI? Not that any of us would ever think that they might do something somewhat shady?!?!?!?!?!

Honestly, no. I believe it's just an attempt to purify the competition experience for the corps; especially the members. I think the intent is that corps have no doubts that they are being judged solely based on what they put on the field during any particular performance, without concerns they were slotted or that another corps was being advanced based on prior performances. We all perhaps need to see how this plays out to fully comprehend how it's going to work. The proposal received such huge support from the corps, I've got to believe they're on the same page and wish to know exactly where they stand each day of the season based on what they left on the field.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2

Scary thought:

no recaps until the end of the season means DCP will EXPLODE in August and get out 3 months worth of debating/arguing/finger pointing all at once. It could be MORE heated since the results will be in and it could seemingly be "obvious" to folks so the ire will be more intense when the members are home from the summer and not focused on getting better during the season

Lots of excessive cynicism on display here by a few fans towards their fellow Drum Corps fans, imo.

Remember however, that this newly adopted measure by the DCI Corps was not put in place based upon anything the fans on here( or anywhere else for that matter) were saying or doing. As a point of FACT, nowhere in the Press Release from DCI for this secrecy measure adopted does it mention " the fans "... at all. What IS mentioned however in the DCI's Press Release, is that " judges will not have access to these recaps". So apparently, the measure is a seen as something the Corps believe is necessary now to do with primarily the Judges in mind here. While fans are mostly frustrated to lose a once freely provided recaps, we can just imagine how the judges must feel about this somewhat less than complimentary to judges new rule put on them by the Corps.

Edited by BRASSO

Has anyone hear been in communications with any judges about this change? If so, can you say if they are offended at its implications?

the reaction i've heard is "ok, whatever"

Scary thought:

no recaps until the end of the season means DCP will EXPLODE in August and get out 3 months worth of debating/arguing/finger pointing all at once. It could be MORE heated since the results will be in and it could seemingly be "obvious" to folks so the ire will be more intense when the members are home from the summer and not focused on getting better during the season

honestly, i probably wont look beyond finals week

and yet this is what fans have been clamoring for....where results can change nightly

Lots of excessive cynicism on display here by a few fans towards their fellow Drum Corps fans, imo.

Remember however, that this newly adopted measure by the DCI Corps was not put in place based upon anything the fans on here( or anywhere else for that matter) were saying or doing. As a point of FACT, nowhere in the Press Release from DCI for this secrecy measure adopted does it mention " the fans "... at all. What IS mentioned however in the DCI's Press Release, is that " judges will not have access to these recaps". So apparently, the measure is a seen as something the Corps believe is necessary now to do with primarily the Judges in mind here. While fans are mostly frustrated to lose a once freely provided recaps, we can just imagine how the judges must feel about this somewhat less than complimentary to judges new rule put on them by the Corps.

loathe to agree with you I am, but yes...the press release, regardless of whatever intentions i've been told this decision "really has", chucks those intentions under the bus and basically tells the judges they are a bunch of slotting dickheads