Blu-Rays

How many times does a number NOT match a commentary.....lol..millions over the years I suspect. Nothing said means a thing until that number is written down and submitted, especially when things are tight to begin with.

a good conspiracy about 2008 though...lol

Not only that, but a Box 5 scores vs a slightly higher Box 5 score is often the same type of commentary (especially on Finals night)

• Like 1

I work in professional theater, where even after the performance, we have to discourage audience members from taking photos of themselves in front of the stage. That's even if the set designer has said she's OK with it, because the designers' union argues that individual designers cannot give away something that they ought to be negotiating for collectively with the theaters.

So this seems like a reasonable concern, although it needn't preclude including designer commentary on DCI's products, once the sync rights are obtained.

^^^continuously amazes

Gonna start a conspiracy theory just for fun :silly:

Judges commentary stopped in 2008 because Phantom Regiment won. PR won by the margin of .025 (I think thats what it was), partial due to an abnormally low percussion score from the Blue Devils.

There was no wrong doing by the percussion judge...he wrote down a fair number.....and being that as a marching member he spent one year with Phantom Regiment and one year with Blue Devils he had no allegiance to either corps.

By the "powers that be", BD's percussion scores were changed from the original numbers written down by the on field judge. If the percussion judges commentary was available on the dvd, the general public would have been made aware that the judges commentary and "published score" did not match up. Thus confirming that the 2008 championship was stolen from the Blue Devils. The only way to make sure this didn't happen was to not put the judges commentary on the dvd's.......general public did not know that judges commentaries were no longer going to be on the dvd's until after the purchases were already made.

Sorry, I'm catching up. I wonder just what in the heck you think is unusual about a corps jumping a caption - even an amazing jump - in three days.

Further, I wonder why you started this conspiracy theory in the BluRays thread instead of either a BD thread or a PR thread or, God forbid, start your own thread and take the shots that come.

I know you're having fun, and so am I, but your post shows a particularly high level of chicken-sh!t, IMO. If you're going to wear the tin-foil hat you have to commit to taking the shots until you're able to graduate up to the official pasta strainer that signifies the ultimately respected conspiracist. I wear mine particularly proudly, and your theory is so full of holes that I'll be surprised if you survive the attack on your logic.

Good try. Honorable men have been cut down for less.

:tounge2:

Well to be fair Phantom won not because of Bd''s percussion being below par. Phantom won because they gained 1.1 points in "feet" in 3 days.... 1.1 points in a subcaption?.... in 3 days?.... come on.

Not to mention their leg shape, control, and foot timing were atrocious.

But back on topic, I can't wait to order the blue rays!

Wait, another one? What, is it in the water you guys are drinking or something?

"Leg shape"? Where is that on the sheets? And isn't "foot timing" the same as "feet" as you reference them? So actually we're talking about "leg shape" and "control".

And since "leg shape" is created by leg "control" we're really only talking about one thing that they had to improve in three days, by your own logic. Why is it so far out of the possibility that PR actually did improve enough to eeek out a win?

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm catching up. I wonder just what in the heck you think is unusual about a corps jumping a caption - even an amazing jump - in three days.

Further, I wonder why you started this conspiracy theory in the BluRays thread instead of either a BD thread or a PR thread or, God forbid, start your own thread and take the shots that come.

I know you're having fun, and so am I, but your post shows a particularly high level of chicken-####, IMO. If you're going to wear the tin-foil hat you have to commit to taking the shots until you're able to graduate up to the official pasta strainer that signifies the ultimately respected conspiracist. I wear mine particularly proudly, and your theory is so full of holes that I'll be surprised if you survive the attack on your logic.

:tounge2:

I mean, this is derivative of the DVD discussion. Where people were discussing the elimination of the judges tapes on the 2008 DVD. And he came up, in jest, with this conspiracy theory. Certainly no need for a new thread.

If I'd have known, I wouldn't have spent the money. Boo.

Please leave Michael out of this. :tongue:

• Like 1

So I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for a release in the new 4k standard? :) (As if I would have anything to play it with or watch it on...)

I actually just won a 4k TV in a silent auction (long story short: there was an open bar). I got it at a great price, but now realizing there is very few programming in 4k yet.

• Like 1

I actually just won a 4k TV in a silent auction (long story short: there was an open bar). I got it at a great price, but now realizing there is very few programming in 4k yet.

Open bars, indeed, lead to some of the best and worst things in life. LOL

I know that a small number of disc titles go on sale this month but the number of players is very limited. I have no idea if any external ones are out yet (for computer) and even if they are, I don't know if MKV will be updated to handle them. As it is, I have barely enough drive space for my regular Blu-Ray collection. The thought of switching now gives me extreme tired head.

I know that a small number of disc titles go on sale this month but the number of players is very limited. I have no idea if any external ones are out yet (for computer) and even if they are, I don't know if MKV will be updated to handle them. As it is, I have barely enough drive space for my regular Blu-Ray collection. The thought of switching now gives me extreme tired head.

4K is the future of streaming, not so much in physical media (though there will be some of that available). Netflix and YouTube are experimenting with 4K, and many computer games can scale up that high with good hardware.