Blue Knights 2016

RPK

it has to be demoralizing for the kids

I recall talking to my son in 2014, during his age-out year...I think they were someplace in Oregon...telling me they put the 4th movement of "That One Second" on the field during rehearsal. He said the ending made him and many other members cry.

Believe me, the last thing on his mind was about being demoralized.

I expect it was quite the same last year and quite the same this year.

Edited by Herk

Shame on the BK staff and management for not being prepared to start the season, which by the way begins 3 weeks later than it used to. There should be a severe penalty for an incomplete show.

Thought they were coming in third this year.

My thought exactly.

Wasn't that long ago when we could only read about drum corps shows on Drum Corps World. I think us getting updates and live coverage/periscopes = more exposure and makes everyone more on edge.

• Like 1

That's a very odd statement....

They're performing well, what's demoralizing about that? They're losing to a great drum corps named Madison who cannot seperate from them. If anything it's got be a little demoralizing to see a corps incomplete right on your tail. The BK kids see the scores they know the potential and that early season scores don't make the season

Yeah, it's demoralizing to give a paying audience a complete show. You are the most biased person I have seen on here.

Yeah, it's demoralizing to give a paying audience a complete show. You are the most biased person I have seen on here.

That's not what he said at all. Wesley may be biased, but I didn't see anything wrong with what he said.

Think about it: BK has yet to put a full show on and they are still only a point behind the Scouts who have a really solid product on the field right now. They have no reason to be demoralized about that.

I think what Wesley was trying to say is that if any of the two parties (BK and Madison) should feel demoralized, it's the Scouts BECAUSE they have a full show and still can't pull ahead of BK. He did NOT say that the Scouts should be demoralized BECAUSE Scouts have a full show on the field.

I personally think neither party is demoralized and you all are fighting over the most pointless thing ever. Let the scores speak for themselves and accept that all these marchers are having the times of their lives right now.

• Like 3

That's not what he said at all. Wesley may be biased, but I didn't see anything wrong with what he said.

Think about it: BK has yet to put a full show on and they are still only a point behind the Scouts who have a really solid product on the field right now. They have no reason to be demoralized about that.

I think what Wesley was trying to say is that if any of the two parties (BK and Madison) should feel demoralized, it's the Scouts BECAUSE they have a full show and still can't pull ahead of BK. He did NOT say that the Scouts should be demoralized BECAUSE Scouts have a full show on the field.

I personally think neither party is demoralized and you all are fighting over the most pointless thing ever. Let the scores speak for themselves and accept that all these marchers are having the times of their lives right now.

Fair enough. But the Scouts are dirtier and they have as much content and demand as BK. Just because something is odd, artistic and lacks melody doesn't mean it's more demanding.

I have not seen anyone as biased as Wes.

Henry..... Wes is actually a homer, but he is pretty fair when it comes to the corps where he marched. This is the BK forum too - so I think to be positive is a good thing. Wes' posts, to me, are informative and have long respected his posts on here since he marched and teaches.

• Like 3