Blue Knights 2016

RPK

You and I are not arguing. I'm agreeing with u. I said I wasn't trying to be snarky cause I didn't want you to think I was being rude about clarifying what the "special" in the phrase special season meant.

I agree, going to be a monumental task to move up which is why I wasn't basing my comment on their improvement on a placement or range. You and I are on the same page, not accusing or arguing my man, just was clarifying what I said and making everything clear as mud😉

We both marched drumcorps so deep down without even knowing you, I feel connected to you. Best experience of my life and have that connection with everyone here who marched. Im very happy for you because your team is in a great place and enjoy the season. They will be extremely competitive and very well received as last season. I was in the box last year at finals next to the judges with some of my Cadet cronies and we all had Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats and BK as the the favs of the night. When did that ever happen?! They'll be great! Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

BK's design team should be on suicide watch. Selecting a theme of death is plainly incongruent with a youth activity. In most artistic circles, preoccupation with overtly weighty themes is a sign of inexperience, and a sophomoric search for gravitas. A little bit of death in context works, but a vague theme of death without any literary or historical grounding is just uncomfortably overwrought and way, way too on the nose.

BK is struggling artistically. In the wide, vast array of literary and musical vistas, BK's design team's preoccupation with death is nothing more than a sign of their small library of themes, and could be considered a cry for help.

BK's design team have a funny bone among them? Has there been an element of humor or whimsy in anything they've done int he past three years? At this rate, the national supply of Xanax will run out by April.

The only way to stage a death themed show is to reference a specific literary element, preferably one with a hint of humor or mystical fantasy. If BK does this, the show will soar. If they don't, they're looking at another shoulder shrugging, depressing last seconds before death show, vaguely and hopelessly groveling for tears, like overwrought freshman actors playing Antigone, reaching toward the sky and grabbing a piece of it, and thrusting it toward their hearts, as the audience yawns, eye rolls and shrugs.

How BK's kids stay afloat emotionally after eight months of this depressing sludge is a testament to their resilience.

It's not about death. Death is part of their concept but the show is not based around it

We both marched drumcorps so deep down without even knowing you, I feel connected to you. Best experience of my life and have that connection with everyone here who marched. Im very happy for you because your team is in a great place and enjoy the season. They will be extremely competitive and very well received as last season. I was in the box last year at finals next to the judges with some of my Cadet cronies and we all had Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats and BK as the the favs of the night. When did that ever happen?! They'll be great!

This connection you speak of..... It's referred to as "the force". It's strong in you, I sensed an awakening.....

:) lol

Hehehe, so if I like dark music, have I turned to the dark side of the force?👹

• Like 1

I was in the box last year at finals next to the judges with some of my Cadet cronies and we all had Cadets, Crown, Bluecoats and BK as the the favs of the night.

Maybe you sat too close to the judges as it turned out ( haha!)

Hehehe, so if I like dark music, have I turned to the dark side of the force?

No Wes, it just means that you probably need to " lighten up " a bit ( haha... oh just kiddin'). BK was on an upswing last season.. 'would be nothing better than to see them upset the applegart again this season.

• Like 1

13124535_10153781208563026_8843924762485

EDIT: Apparently this is actually their corps song, not their show?

Edited by Clutchtow
  • Like 1

Not the show. That's the corps song.

Shame, I could see this being an awesome show too, just from the title.

• Like 1