Brass Runs

That Suncoast Sound one was done on one valve bugles with pistons, no?

No. When the corps was founded, they purchased the a set of matching 2-valve bugles (the first corps to buy a complete matching set). There may have been a few piston-rotor contras in the line, but everything else was 2-valve.

What you are hearing however, is a second-year corps that just completed it's first competitive season. They were created to play at the Queen's Festival in England in 1979, and they attended a grand total of two shows that year: Greeneville, SC and DCI Championships in Birmingham, AL. The corps did 10 shows in 1980, and a few more in 1981 before conducting a full 30+ show tour in 1982.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Crap. I was hoping this thread was about great brass runs. I'm leaving.

In my Cadet years, one time we stayed in Northbrook Ill at a school for a long weekend. The field was waaaaay far away from the school building. There was something amiss with the food and/or water, because the brass (plus everybody else) was often seen running back to the school...so the phrase word "brass runs" actually had multiple meanings in that situation. :wow:

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1