Blue Devils 2016

I think the show is great but is anyone else disappointed that there's not really much, if at all, of "Come Sail Away" in the show? Are they going to be adding this later on?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before--- didn't want to sift through 60 pages.

The ballad is wonderful. I care not who wrote it or what ever. Emotional to say the least!

Wonderful is an understatement. Lead sops are as exposed as it gets in their entrance. High notes, easy to miss, right up front and having to march with style. No margin for error. Very difficult.

• Like 3

I think the show is great but is anyone else disappointed that there's not really much, if at all, of "Come Sail Away" in the show? Are they going to be adding this later on?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before--- didn't want to sift through 60 pages.

I heard they aren't actually using any of the music, but they wanted to capture the vibe that the song produces. However, due do to copyright issues, they have to copyright the vibe. It's a vibe copyright, not music.

Yea keep wondering where the come sail away stuff is at all. Definitely the loudest ballad I ever heard. I can't help but wonder what the actual words they are saying in that Calliban part. It sounds like "gimme back my cigarettes." I think that part is such a hoot! This could end up being another record score but nothing will ever compare to INK for me mostly for personal reasons but also it was just such an emotional show.

The ballad is wonderful. I care not who wrote it or what ever. Emotional to say the least!

ugh those whirlpools though ::praise hands emoji::

Wonderful is an understatement. Lead sops are as exposed as it gets in their entrance. High notes, easy to miss, right up front and having to march with style. No margin for error. Very difficult.

I love what happens when the staff knows they have an experienced corps on their hands

Actually, after sitting in on a few of their rehearsals, it seems like they're not as talented as one would assume. I wouldn't be surprised if BDB finally passes them this year.

So the BD organization would still end up with another title then. Heck yea! Go BDB! Do it up Devils!