Blue Devils 2016

Which is why they look so fantastic on the field. I was watching the latest rehearsal video, and they do a great deal of "wave" and other organic movement. And they do it VERY well. Just very controlled, very professional looking. This is in contrast to some other corps who are attempting this sort of thing.

The movement work, or "dancing and prancing" as some like to call it, is like anything else they do musically or visually. It can only be successful if there is a foundation of continuous skill training underneath it. BD, Crown and Bluecoats are, by far, the best at this currently, and they have been working on the training for several years.

this this this

• Like 1

Yea I love how Scott Chandler describes it as 100 yards of art.

I still keep finding examples of waves in the show I didn't notice. that is why I would love to see the audience do the wave back to them. They would love it!

BD alumni make waves!

• Like 1

Are you sure you want to just rush into waiting until you reserve judgement? Maybe you should contemplate preparing to plan to wait to reserve judgement.

I phrased it that way because I wrote about the things I liked and then rescinded because I'm going to wait to see it live. Thanks for the analysis. ;-)

I'm so excited to see this show live! It's probably one of my favorite musical books this year!

Just watched a rehearsal video of a full run. Holy cow. Someone definitely forgot to tell them it's only June. This show is going to be hard to beat, especially at the performance level BD can achieve. Nice!!!

Agreed. This show is as good as 2014 & 2015. I can't wait to see it live.

There is some footage of the tenor line dong these INSANE splits. :wow:

The only drumline on the planet with their own drum company!

Get your life vest on! Here comes a tsunami.