Official 2016 Blue Stars

Combined recaps from Allentown show the same thing as Atlanta. Better in music and visual than Phantom and Blue Knights, down to both in GE just enough to put them in 9th.

Just gotta squeak out a few tenths and hundredths here and there!

Which blows my mind because I think there is more effect in this show since it shows a clear story. But what we learned from DCI is we don't know what GE really is :P

Blue Stars: In the predictions thread, I mentioned that if you could pull off "Tristan un Isolde" you would be the talk of the season. Many claim opera and drum corps do not mix well (I disagree). Wagner is perhaps the most difficult composer to arrange for drum corps, and "Tristan" may be the most challenging (perhaps "Parsifal" might have that honor). Well, you more than pulled it off. I can't wait to see you again on Thursday.

P.S.: You did a great job last night and I know your hearts were breaking.

• Like 1

I don't mean to bring back a painful topic for the Blue Stars family, but I didn't know who Gary was until I saw this Facebook post. I wanted to say that in the Minneapolis show, my son and I were looking at souvies, and Gary was working the Blue Stars booth. He asked if I was enjoying the show, and then asked me how I liked the Blue Stars show. I told him how much I enjoyyed it, and that I've always been a big fan. Then he introduced me to a couple of the mm who happened by, and we all discussed the 2016 season. thats never happened to me at a souvie booth before.

The Blue Stars lost a wonderful and joyous person. My condolences.

• Like 3

I don't mean to bring back a painful topic for the Blue Stars family, but I didn't know who Gary was until I saw this Facebook post. I wanted to say that in the Minneapolis show, my son and I were looking at souvies, and Gary was working the Blue Stars booth. He asked if I was enjoying the show, and then asked me how I liked the Blue Stars show. I told him how much I enjoyyed it, and that I've always been a big fan. Then he introduced me to a couple of the mm who happened by, and we all discussed the 2016 season. thats never happened to me at a souvie booth before.

The Blue Stars lost a wonderful and joyous person. My condolences.

This perfectly describes him. Was always the first person to greet you when you showed up to camp with a smile on his face. It's not painful when you remember all of the happiness he brought to everyone. He was a one of a kind guy and I'm sure his legacy will live on.
  • Like 1

Wow.

https://www.facebook.com/BlueStarsPit/videos/849234218509600/

I bow down to you guys. That was pretty phenomenal. Still stand by them as one of the top front ensembles in drum corps.

Just think - they learned THAT on top of their show, which is already one of the most difficult pit books in the activity this year. I put them and SCV in a tier by themselves. Nobody else could do what they are doing this year, in terms of sheer musicality, the amount of playing they do, and performance quality.

• Like 1

Just think - they learned THAT on top of their show, which is already one of the most difficult pit books in the activity this year. I put them and SCV in a tier by themselves. Nobody else could do what they are doing this year, in terms of sheer musicality, the amount of playing they do, and performance quality.

I agree.

Not sure I would say "no one else CAN do what they are doing" because the talent in all the finalist corps is pretty crazy, but I do agree that those two pits stand out from the rest to my untrained ears.