Official 2016 Blue Stars

I had a hunch this was going to be a special year for the corps. I liked the show from the first time I heard it and then viewed it. I now find myself eating some humble pie about where I thought the corps would finish, come finals (10th place). But after seeing the determination and passion of the members and the excellent cohesion of what the design team and instructional staff has going on...things are really lining up for a possible...yes, possible...7th place finish at finals. This season is a lot like 2010...unlike that year, hear's hoping the corps gets what they deserve if they continue to earn it. The Blue Stars are proving that it's a marathon and not a sprint. There's still a lot to clean up and accomplish in the next couple of weeks; all of which can be easily done with this talented group of young men an women. FCO, Blue Stars!

• Like 2

Yes i hope this year will be redemption for 2010 where they really should have beaten vanguard. Not sure we get to 92 this year but doesn't matter much if we get to 7th.

85.15 is what we scored at finals last year and we're already at that point.

Very glad to see the staff challenge this corps again and hope to see it continue with a more difficult program next year. Kids are rising to the challenge, showing us they can handle it.

• Like 3

I don't know what's behind the lamp props. My guess is, they "shorten the stage" and they DO depict what can be found in typical bedrooms. This, Blue Stars LeRev (the dream) show concept caused me to look into that French word more closely. I discovered it's the name of a massive hit show in Las Vegas. It's also the name of a famous painting, recently sold for something like $150 million dollars. That painting has a hint of bedroom involved, too, but for Mature Audiences Only.

Blue Stars have a wonderful show this year, and I congratulate them for all the design touches and obvious skill of their instructional team!

• Like 1

Credit where credit is due, too. The Blue Stars have assembled a design team and instructional staff that is firing on all cylinders and have created a great show.

If they can finish strong this year, retain the design team and instructors, retain membership while recruiting more talent to replenish the ranks vacated by the age outs, and come up with another great show...who knows what 2017 will bring. But the possibilities are sure fun to imagine!