DCI Tour Premiere 2016 at the Movies

8 judges for the 1st DCI Competition of the 2016 season at Lucas Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana ( in Cinemas )

Judges for the show : Thursday, June 23rd.

GE 1: M. Kelly

GE 2: G. Fugett

Vis.Prof: B. Moscaro

Vis. Ana. : K. Giese

Guard : J. Sturgeon

Brass : S. Page

Music Ana R. Greenwell

Ens. Perc J. Queen

I think the most interesting reveal is G. Fugett in GE Music. Now that's fascinating.

I think the most interesting reveal is G. Fugett in GE Music. Now that's fascinating.

He also judged GE Music at DCI Finals last year. The only stat I can remember from his adjudications that night was that he put the Bluecoats in 1st in the Content subcaption. Even more fascinating!

That's what he judged at finals last year, GE 2.

Kelly was also on GE 1 in finals last year.

didnt mickey kelly judge in the colosseum? like the original roman colosseum?

cannot believe he's still an "active" judge. :doh:

Edited by corpsband

All these judges are veterans... except maybe J. Queen, on Ensemble Percussion.. Not familiar with him ( or her ) .... perhaps new this year ?

Jeff Queen has been a judge for a while. You know him as the featured snare drummer from "Blast."

ok... now I know who he is... thanks.

Here you go ...

I will be watching at 500 S Capitol Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46225

Did not hit the Mega Million lottery this week (yet :) so I will not be attending in person :huh2:

I will be going to the AMC 16 in Rockaway Township NJ

On a different note, I get that it's judged from the box, but at the non-regionals, wouldn't it make more sense to call the caption "Percussion" instead of "Ensemble Percussion?" The latter is just kind of a cumbersome title to me.

Oh well. It's a nitpick. Can tomorrow come any sooner?

On a different note, I get that it's judged from the box, but at the non-regionals, wouldn't it make more sense to call the caption "Percussion" instead of "Ensemble Percussion?" The latter is just kind of a cumbersome title to me.

Oh well. It's a nitpick. Can tomorrow come any sooner?

"Percussion" has always been judged on the field. Its primarily a " how you play " execution caption ( and as a result, better judged up close). The " Music ( or ensemble ) Percussion" caption however is a caption that looks at primarily how the percussion playing is interwoven with the other sections of the corps musically. Its a " what you play " caption.. As such, its better evaluated from up top. ( this is the Cliff Notes version explanation ).

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1