The End Is Nigh

A composer's entire body of work reduced to a single pill.

" White Rabbit "... Jefferson Airplane.... 'believed in the multiple pill format.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Think I mentioned this is another thread but I smell a future media edit due to copy write so that alone leaves me less than thrilled.

Another poster in prefect Blue Devils speak then pointed out that it would be unrecognizable yet, it was being used to appeal to the younger generation and broaden the activity’s reach. :ninja:

but the real tragedy is, as I’ve come to understand, if I don’t love and worship the Blue Devils' show it’s because I’m too stupid to comprehend their lofty vision. And being too stupid to ‘get’ Bieber, well, I hope to enjoy their show as that shame is too much to bear

Think I mentioned this is another thread but I smell a future media edit due to copy write so that alone leaves me less than thrilled.

Incidentally, regarding DCI having fits with these Music Publishing Houses,on Music Copywrites, and these Houses not agreeing to allowing Corps to play their Artist's music without the kickback, I hope everyone here is sympathetic to the challenges and obstacles that DCI and these DCI Corps all face. You don't want to mess with these Copywrite Protection Racketeers. All one has to do is google " Organized Crime " to see who is allegedly behind the curtain of several of these Music Publishing Houses now.

Edited by BRASSO

Ah, a young'un. :tounge2:

But you are correct. Corps played pop tunes of their era back then, all the time. We played "White Rabbit' in 1970, for example, as well as concert of a couple of Beatles tunes, "Day Tripper" and "Paperback Writer" (for part of the year, anyway). A small Garden State Circuit corps I marched with in 68 and 69 played "Sunny" by Bobby Hebb and "Kind of Hush" by Herman's Hermits.Blessed Sac played a great chart of "Eleanor Rigby" in 69 and 70, and they also played "Yesterday" as their exit in 68. Another GSC corps, the Polish Falcons, played "Michelle" that same year. A bunch of tunes by the Beatles were played. Valley Grenadiers played "Here, There and Everywhere" as their exit. DeLasalle played "Light My Fire" by The Doors (a great chart, if I recall). Blue Rock did "Spinning Wheel" by BS&T and one of my favorite exits, "Requiem For the Masses" by The Association.

Absolutely.

When I was with the Manville Crusaders, we played "You Made Me So Very Happy" from BS&T, among other pop tunes. My first year with DCA's Sunrisers, 1977, we played "Eli's Coming" from Three Dog Night, and in 1981 "Late in the Evening" from Paul Simon.

• Like 1

A composer's entire body of work reduced to a single pill.

Typical.

Never mind.

Move along... nothing to see here....

Edited by Fran Haring

Another poster in prefect Blue Devils speak then pointed out that it would be unrecognizable yet, it was being used to appeal to the younger generation and broaden the activity’s reach. :ninja:

but the real tragedy is, as I’ve come to understand, if I don’t love and worship the Blue Devils' show it’s because I’m too stupid to comprehend their lofty vision. And being too stupid to ‘get’ Bieber, well, I hope to enjoy their show as that shame is too much to bear

drama queen

you are angry

please don't take anything i say too seriously

i'm not here to be serious

Me neither. So we'll get along for sure. LOL.

Just because you have the quality to make crap sound acceptable doesn't mean you should select crap in the first place.

Mahler, Bruckner, Strauss, Sibelius, Delius, Vaughan Williams, Bax, Janacek, Hindemith, etc., etc. ... but no. They go with the guy posting on Facebook a selfie while grabbing his junk in his underwear.

you forgot they did the Who too.

yowza