Intrigue In Indy

And Crown had some huge holes and also had a collision near the end on Side 1, near the stagecoach. At times I wondered if they were missing marching members.

Thought the live broadcast really helped Crown tell their story, because I still think the stagecoachwhen it is telling key parts of the storyneeds to be closer the front. Not sure people in the crowd would get that someone got shot, because of where that person is when it happens.

First night, all the corps will get better as the season progresses. Overall I thought it was absolutely amazing how unique each show was from the next, and no doubt the creative minds behind the shows will watch and learn and improve their presentation.

Problem is from up in the box, stuff going on at stagecoach not as obvious. I like the show and they are performing at a level a contender should (unlike my cadets at the moment), but I wonder how much emotion can be squeezed from this show. Last year you had so many different emotions going on. I'm fearing a Cadets 2015 season for Crown. Great up to a point then stagnates as everyone else gets clean too.

IDK, just thinking out loud. Great corps of course.

Didn't see anyone yet mention the little thematic representational drill moments Boston put in their show: they formed their windmill design, Quixote's horse, maybe even Sancho Panza. But as the original source is not yard line definitive but sketched, the horse formation looked dirty but was a very good presentation of that part of this: Clever, Murphys, Clever.

1391421_427907527363120_6667701088332696

You should go back and review the section that you said was dirty. Looked pretty clean to me (IMO) very complex design.

Great to see these shows in the theater and hear descriptions from the commentators. Loved the part when Dennis said Blooo won percussion, right after reading on the DCI website that recaps would be kept secret from the public. lol

• Like 1

Thought the live broadcast really helped Crown tell their story, because I still think the stagecoachwhen it is telling key parts of the storyneeds to be closer the front. Not sure people in the crowd would get that someone got shot, because of where that person is when it happens.

I watched a lot of spring training live, and I don't think people will have trouble seeing the shooting live. The rest of the story is a bit tougher to see, because there are so many pieces of it happening simultaneously, and there's so much happening with the guard. I think with multiple viewings, and changes Crown adds, it will become easier to see.

Also, from the Facebook Live feed in the tunnel, the guy who dies on the stagecoach (despite me dubbing it "The Thing" on DCP, they're calling it Helen) at the beginning says his character is the father. So I think we might get more of a familial revenge story by August.

Was it my imagination (or have I simply missed the fact across the years), or did there seem to be a lot more "mic'd" horn soloists last night? Maybe I'm just showing my (apparent) old fogey dinosaur bias, but to me, there is something faintly "artificial" about the activity when brass instruments need to have electronically-enhanced volume simply to be heard over the other electronic enhancements which have increasingly permeated the activity. That is not to say that I disapprove of modernity, or that I am one to be stuck in the "what used to be was way better" frame of thought. But...just a question and observation. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Edited by HornTeacher

You're kidding...right?

No, they put up Hillary's campaign banner during the show.

Edited by contracurt

Sorry -- it was a long drive back thru ATL traffic so my memory is shot. But, did anyone notice how spread out Bluecoats' (I think) pit was? It stretched from both 25s with large gaps between instruments. I assume they need some type of in-ear monitor to stay together or is it "just watch the DM?"

(If it was a different Corps, please correct me.)

Was it my imagination (or have I simply missed the fact across the years), or did there seem to be a lot more "mic'd" horn soloists last night? Maybe I'm just showing my (apparent) old fogey dinosaur bias, but to me, there is something faintly "artificial" about the activity when brass instruments need to have electronically-enhanced volume simply to be heard over the other electronic enhancements which have increasingly permeated the activity. That is not to say that I disapprove of modernity, or that I am one to be stuck in the "what used to be was way better" frame of thought. But...just a question and observation. Nothing more, and nothing less.

No, it wasn't your imagination. I thought the same thing watching in the theater last night.

Great to see these shows in the theater and hear descriptions from the commentators. Loved the part when Dennis said Blooo won percussion, right after reading on the DCI website that recaps would be kept secret from the public. lol

I'm sorry to report that the recap police had to have a few words with Dennis after the broadcast. Obviously the Inner Party is allowed to see the recaps, same as always, but it's now a Category 1 offense to let the proles learn who won a caption.

No, it wasn't your imagination. I thought the same thing watching in the theater last night.

Phew. Thank you. I seriously feared that early-onset dementia was beginning to rear its ugly head. :help:

• Like 1