Massillon 1 - Coats turn home turf Down Side Up

Bloooo-- tighter tonight. There was a problem with the first trumpet soloist's mic on the main stage in the opener. The horn clusters were much tighter tonight going into the backwards sample loop. No flag drops when the flags were tossed over the combined six props on side two in the closer unlike Thursday. I thought there were a couple of tears in the horn line in the closer. Still a powerhouse of a show!

It's really nice to hear positive words about Phantom for a change. I really like their music this year and their hornline is really sounding ahead of where they were the past couple few years at the beginning of the season. A lot of people have been complaining about memorability of the show and adding larger impact points in the show can really change that perception

Agreed. Their horn book is much more difficult than the previous seasons. They are starting to sound like class PR now, which is a good thing! Drill can be tweaked, too! They always manage to pull forward. They've had ONE show. Let's see where this goes.

my only complaint with Crown is I want them to shoot that bird that keeps squawking

• Like 2

Crown has a hard-stop right now at the end of Roxanne, really interrupts the flow - might be better just to go straight into the ballad IMO. Show is so strong. Hallelujah could be expanded and milked there...

Edited by George Dixon

Crown has a hard-stop right now at the end of Roxanne, really interrupts the flow - might be better just to go straight into the ballad IMO. Show is so strong. Hallelujah could be expanded and milked there...

Would LOVE for there to be more Hallelujah.

• Like 1

Would LOVE for there to be more Hallelujah.

I watched the Crossmen 2011 version earlier today and thought to myself, "That's how it should be played, Crown!"
  • Like 2

One more comment on Bloo: the split trombone octet in the closer was much more together than on Thursday, and at the very end of the show, they were much more audible when they were on the main stage than Thursday. OK that's two comments.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

I hate to say this, but I find Crown's show kind of boring... And I normally love you. Great performance quality. Just don't love the design.

• Like 2