Massillon 1 - Coats turn home turf Down Side Up

PR ... Much, much better tonight. No mic problems like they had in the second ballad on Thursday. Much more musical. Visual still needs clean up, especially in the closer. Young Persons starts too abruptly with the pic trumpets IMO, but on the whole, much better.

It's only the second competition. Visual will be cleaned up, if not changed (cough, cough, tomorrow). The Regiment knows what needs to be done and they always do it.

• Like 2

You'd be surprised, Bluecoats, BD, and Cadets are very much able to give Crown's hornline a run for its money (Cadets and BD have the past two years). We don't even know how improved SCV's brass is (considering SCV was super close to BD in music yesterday, I think there's a good chance their brass really is improved)

I was live in indy and here live again tonight. Simply my personal opinion after what I heard tonight. That hornline blew bluecoats out of the water, but again personal opinion. Bluecoats had a wonderful show tonight as well but I wouldn't be surprised to see crown take the win tonight. Bluecoats could take it too and I'd be just as happy.

• Like 1

Crown has a hard-stop right now at the end of Roxanne, really interrupts the flow - might be better just to go straight into the ballad IMO. Show is so strong. Hallelujah could be expanded and milked there...

We usually agree George. I don't find their show that strong, and don't see growth potential like last year.

I think it is kind of boring.

I was live in indy and here live again tonight. Simply my personal opinion after what I heard tonight. That hornline blew bluecoats out of the water, but again personal opinion. Bluecoats had a wonderful show tonight as well but I wouldn't be surprised to see crown take the win tonight. Bluecoats could take it too and I'd be just as happy.

don't worry about Cappy. he's like the puppy running around the back yard yipping at everything he sees :-)

• Like 1

We usually agree George. I don't find their show that strong, and don't see growth potential like last year.

I wouldn't say Crown's show is boring... but it is very much in line with what they've done the past few years.

They rarely grab me in June, but often have me sold by August. I'm interested to see how their show evolves.

Honestly, I thought the same of their show this time last year. By August I was rooting for them to win!

The shade of it all...

tumblr_n60gshup2z1qeo70lo1_250.gif
  • Like 1