Massillon 1 - Coats turn home turf Down Side Up

Sitting in the stadium, watching Bluecoats ensemble. Seats tonight on the 35 number 2 side, row Y.

My two key questions:

1. With scores starting so low on Thursday, how fast can we start seeing some marked improvements for the four corps having their 2nd shows? I figure Crown and Nocoats will break 70, but by how much?

2. Can the Crossmen start the season ahead of Boston? Their show is ready. But, it is their first performance. Percussion will be key and the Bones percussion scores lagged behind BAC last year until mid-July. Having heard the Crossmen music several times, I would give Music GE to them over BAC. IMO. But, what do I know?

Nocoats! Hilarious!

Hey wait a minute. There's a show tonight? I thought the championship was the other night in Indy?

Oh it was! Every show from here on out is just a victory lap!

Given that this is their home field show and th crowd will be even more jacked than they always are, I look for a big jump in scores for both Coats and Crown, with Coats gaining what might be an historic jump. Opening show scores were lower than usual as well, so I look for a leap by everyone.

Coats: 72

Crown: 70.5

Will get closer post-weekend. But right now, it is hard to not believe Coats are finally on an historic gold medal run.

Actually, the crowd for this show will likely be way less than for the Hall of Fame show which is run partly by Bluecoats and the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The HOF/Blooo show attracts a boatload of fans due to all the activities in town in August. Many of those fans are not actually fans of any particular corps. They are football fans taking in the event and they cheer incredibly hard for all the corps.

Tonight's show will likely be more locals, so yes this group will be more dialed in on the home team Bluecoats. But I imagine it will not be a huge crowd. Maybe 4,000. The HOF show attracts close to 8,000 some years. Now if we get 5K or more tonight, then I will be really impressed.

Seems people are forgetting Crown was only half a point down on Thursday. I anticipate A LOT of back and forth.

It looks very tight right now with Bluecoats, Crown and Devils, and I hear Cadets and SCV haven't thrown in the towel yet. (They haven't gotten the memo the season is over.) And what will things look like when BK's show is complete?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

I say Bluecoats win again by .7 over Carolina Crown. I love both shows but have not seen them live yet.

I will however say that I watched Phantom Regiment last night in rehearsal and I really like it. They have already made huge leaps forward, and the music is really wonderful. I think some have written them off way too early. I can see them challenging Cavaliers, Blue Knights, Madison for top 6. They have the demand in music, but visual will be the test. I think people will love them tonight, and obviously people will LOVE Bluecoats!

• Like 1