DCI Live

Memo to DCI Live production honchos. High-Cam means that view only please. No occasional close ups of the CG, DL, trombone player putting his instrument back on the stand, etc. During the BD, someone went off the reservation several times. Had to keep opening the HC link.

Memo to DCI Live production honchos. High-Cam means that view only please. No occasional close ups of the CG, DL, trombone player putting his instrument back on the stand, etc. During the BD, someone went off the reservation several times. Had to keep opening the HC link.

Me too. High-Cam means high-cam. <notice the period. So glad you were able to view the evening on DCI Live! Next live stream at bat is on July 1st! Give us a home run DCI Live!

Not interested. Compared to the DCI fan network, DCI live is terrible. I really liked that I could watch the fan network shows on my terms. Why the change to live streaming single view only?

Not interested. Compared to the DCI fan network, DCI live is terrible. I really liked that I could watch the fan network shows on my terms. Why the change to live streaming single view only?

Because music licensing is bullsh** nowadays. I much preferred having it on-demand as well...but the music industry seems intent on leeching any money they can get from other people's performances, so now it is too expensive for DCI to offer it.

Edited by Tupid_06

so I have DCI Live! and I watched the show from Stanford last night and was very disappointed they didn't show the Scouts' encore. I wrote and asked them why not and their response was "licensing complications". I'm getting pretty sick and tired of this licensing business.

so I have DCI Live! and I watched the show from Stanford last night and was very disappointed they didn't show the Scouts' encore. I wrote and asked them why not and their response was "licensing complications". I'm getting pretty sick and tired of this licensing business.

In my opinion, I think the music rights should be restricted to use of the original soundtrack, and not someone's original arrangement/interpretation of a song. It should work like citations where you at least give credit to the original, and if people like the drum corps version, they can go buy the original version if they wish.

• Like 1

Copyright and licensing issues (which has been said multiple times on multiple platforms by multiple people. Just FYI.)
  • Like 1

In my opinion, I think the music rights should be restricted to use of the original soundtrack, and not someone's original arrangement/interpretation of a song. It should work like citations where you at least give credit to the original, and if people like the drum corps version, they can go buy the original version if they wish.

Citations come under the Fair Use clause of the copyright law. Doing an arrangement of a musical piece is similar to a Readers Digest version of a printed work. You still need copyright permission.

Edited by CrownBariDad