CrownBeat [July 8 2016]

I believe the first time the title became "Statues Awakening" was at the Michigan City show.

And it briefly became "Statutes Awakening" per the announcer at Chestnut Hill.

The Cadets' Lord of the Rings show was bad by Cadets' standards, but

I always thought of it as Alice in Wonderland show

It was their Alice in Wonderland show, but it was also their . . .

more door show.

• Like 4

I'm working on a full show review, but here's my quick take.

1. It is hot in Columbia. Durn...

2. If you had told me 20 years ago that I would love shows that included: A violin solo, 76 trombones, and enough speakers on the field to have an after show by Motley Crew, I would have scoffed at your insanity. I realize the changes are still a prickly topic on here, but the Cadets and Bluecoats have got it figured out. I loved those two shows (cue George Hopkins "Dr Evil" laugh).

3. It's kind of cool to see these shows in a small (but beautiful) stadium. My only other show I'll attend this year is in the Georgia Dome. And while I will appreciate the AC and the full field of corps, it is nice to have such a close up view (and sound) of the amazing athletic ability of these guys and girls.

4. I brought my 12yo rising 7th grader to his first show. I have to thank his middle school band director for showing videos of the 1990s-2000s Cavaliers after the concert was over.

More to come on the review board...

• Like 2

George, I'm not disagreeing with you at all but with the poster who claimed Cadets were being scheduled out of rehearsal times more than their competitors. You're seeming to bring a fight where you and I are in agreement.

In fact, Cadets did tremendous work with changes given the rehearsal time they had. No contest there. Simmer down.

Post accurate and I will "simmer " lol

I'm working on a full show review, but here's my quick take.

1. It is hot in Columbia. Durn...

2. If you had told me 20 years ago that I would love shows that included: A violin solo, 76 trombones, and enough speakers on the field to have an after show by Motley Crew, I would have scoffed at your insanity. I realize the changes are still a prickly topic on here, but the Cadets and Bluecoats have got it figured out. I loved those two shows (cue George Hopkins "Dr Evil" laugh).

3. It's kind of cool to see these shows in a small (but beautiful) stadium. My only other show I'll attend this year is in the Georgia Dome. And while I will appreciate the AC and the full field of corps, it is nice to have such a close up view (and sound) of the amazing athletic ability of these guys and girls.

4. I brought my 12yo rising 7th grader to his first show. I have to thank his middle school band director for showing videos of the 1990s-2000s Cavaliers after the concert was over.

More to come on the review board...

Awesome. And totally agree. Look forward to reading it

Cleaning a show while you are at the same time designing it is probably not the best way to go.

They are cleaning the sections that won't change. You do realize Cadets (& BD) are the best in the business at this "cleaning" stuff right?

Sure but BD isn't designing their show right now. Which is why they are three pointing Cadets. Talent level is the same on and off the field.