ALEXANDER HOTEL

Hi Folks .Coming over from England for Finals in August . Booked in the Alexander Hotel from Tuesday until Sunday through the Cadets. Is anyone else staying here or do you have any useful info about the Hotel and local area. Thankyou Paul

I'm also staying at the Alexander. I've stayed there and also (another year) the JW Marriott as well as the Westin

The Stadium is a 5-10 minute walk

Alexander has bar/lounge which I will probably get a drink (or 8) at during my time there. I'm only in town Thursday. The bar has a good vibe for a hotel bar

Center City Mall is close by along with the Convention Center - around those 2 are a bunch of restaurants and brew type bars

Indy closes up EARLY and the downtown is pretty empty on after, say, 7pm. London it is not.

Breakfast I always enjoy Cafe Patachou - VERY good. First Watch is popular as well

Taste of Havana is a good casual lunch option

Locally Grown Gardens is another great local choice

I'd advise you to avoid the "chains" - very average (at best) in most cases

For Beer a few local gems - Black Acre Brewery, Flat12 Bierworks (no food) are solid

G.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

Thanks George. I have got the Indy visitors guide and have been having a good read about the restaurants etc. Thanks for your input. Paul

• Like 1

Thanks George. I have got the Indy visitors guide and have been having a good read about the restaurants etc. Thanks for your input. Paul

Should be a quick read - Indy is pretty small :)

Let me know if you have any specific questions - I've been there maybe 25 times so I know it pretty well. As others do here I'm sure.

• Like 1

There are some good museums and similar attractions downtown as well, and I believe The Alexander is very close to the street they do I&E on.

There are some good museums and similar attractions downtown as well, and I believe The Alexander is very close to the street they do I&E on.

And don't forget about the SoundSport and Drumline Battle competitions that also take place downtown.

Edit: As long as they don't have the biker convention on the same weekend.

Edited by CrownBariDad

There are a few "cultural trail" walking paths near downtown. My wife and I walked a bit last year, and there are some charming neighborhoods near downtown.

I echo Cafe Patachou, and I also suggest Milktooth for brunch (probably a 25 minute walk from downtown).

And I always plan to hit up the Eitlejorg museum but always fail. Maybe this year...

Edited by kdaddy

There's a difference between the big biker meet and the race group that was at the Indy Motor Speedway last year. The biker group always seems to be there during Finals weekend. Last year there was a huge motorcycle race at the speedway as well.

Edited by ajlemm

There's a difference between the big biker meet and the race group that was at the Indy Motor Speedway last year. The biker group always seems to be there during Finals weekend. Last year there was a huge motorcycle race at the speedway as well.

No Moto GP this year, thank God. Downtown was overrun by bikers the past couple of years. Really made it hard to enjoy downtown, and they were blasting around at 4 am near many of the hotels and keeping people awake. Good riddance.

Hey, it's always good to get by St. Elmo's for a "sinus clearing shrimp cocktail"...or try their sister restaurant Harry & Izzy's. Just a couple of doors down, pretty much the same menu. Patachou and First Watch are good for breakfast, as is the restaurant at the Alexander. Don't remember the name of it but can't miss it.

• Like 1