Bad Jonesing for Fan Network

DCI said they plan to have the DCI previous years archives back. Thats good news. Fan Network was one of the best creations of DCI for its fanbase, imo. I miss it immensely... especially the ability to access the shows from the historical archives in the offseason.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

That it does. The Fan Network is what turned me on to DCI again. But the ball is really out of DCI's court: it's been stolen by rampant capitalism.

Yeah I get that. Never meant to imply it's DCI's fault..or capitalism's fault for that matter. I just MISS IT SO.

• Like 1

I am hoping they get all the copyright issues and the fannetwork, live streaming, and replay on demand of the last few years shows comes back soon. At least in the shows that DCI doesn't have to pay a fortune to secure licensing for.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the licensing issue came about because when DCI had negotiated rights in years past, that was before the internet and live streaming was a part of our daily life. DCI was paying media rights for physical copies of audio and video, but now streaming is not considered physical media, the copyright holders want part of that action now too. I agree every artist/composer should be paid a fair amount for the rights to their works. But I really feel there should be more a tiered system. Non profits, like DCI, high schools, and non professional theater groups should be charge a minimal fee. Professional organizations, like NFL, NBA, Pepsi and Coke(for professional commercial use) should be charged a greater amount. But even though I own the media to almost everything that DCI has produced over the years, it was so convenient to just be able to push a few keys on the computer and watch whatever show you wanted to.

I am hoping they get all the copyright issues and the fannetwork, live streaming, and replay on demand of the last few years shows comes back soon. At least in the shows that DCI doesn't have to pay a fortune to secure licensing for.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the licensing issue came about because when DCI had negotiated rights in years past, that was before the internet and live streaming was a part of our daily life. DCI was paying media rights for physical copies of audio and video, but now streaming is not considered physical media, the copyright holders want part of that action now too. I agree every artist/composer should be paid a fair amount for the rights to their works. But I really feel there should be more a tiered system. Non profits, like DCI, high schools, and non professional theater groups should be charge a minimal fee. Professional organizations, like NFL, NBA, Pepsi and Coke(for professional commercial use) should be charged a greater amount. But even though I own the media to almost everything that DCI has produced over the years, it was so convenient to just be able to push a few keys on the computer and watch whatever show you wanted to.

Want to know something messed up? The NFL is a non-profit organization. So under your proposed system, they would fall in the same category as DCI.

Hear ya.... can't go to DCA Weekend any more so ramping up the tech in our house to watch was a given few years back....

Now DCA FN is a gone goose so can't watch or hear any corps, even the one we $upport....

Edited by JimF-LowBari