Any junior corps that don't compete in DCI?

Of course. It's self-imposed, and waived when they feel like it. Clearly my attempt at a joke failed.

I honestly don't care what they do, though reading the DCA forums tells you some people get downright angry about it.

People get angry about everything in drum corps now. Pick a topic... someone will chime in with "blah blah when i marched.... "

Yea, but that age limit is....flexible...

:ninja::whistle::peek:

:ninja::whistle::peek:

Don't hate the players... hate the game.

My mistake. I met that group at a show last year, or two years ago. Didn't see anyone I thought was over 21. Lots of scholarships for youth members, so I thought they were a jr. corps.

At that point, you may very well have been correct. I'd never seen them, and only looked up a Youtube video after you posted.

Given that DCI now allows any brass instrument, a number of high school and college marching bands that don't include woodwinds (e.g. Ohio State) are arguably now drum corps.

• Like 1

Given that DCI now allows any brass instrument, a number of high school and college marching bands that don't include woodwinds (e.g. Ohio State) are arguably now drum corps.

I can't wait until electric stringed instruments show up in the pit and fire up all the old sharks ;)

Edited by C.Holland

The Saint's Brigade Drum & Bugle Corps from Port Chester, NY is a Junior Corps that has been in existence for the last decade or so, and has opted not to become a member of DCI.

http://www.saintsbrigade.org/

From that homepage:

We welcome all ages and gender who's goal is to practice excellence through music education and accept new ways to perfect their passion.

Edited by Pete Freedman