Drenched in DeKalb

Agree. It's fun to see how they're each pushing each other every year. I see changes in both corps that are clearly in response to the other. It's like a chess match every season.

Diasgree with this strongly. BD is not adjusting to what Crown or any other corps is doing. Likewise, I don't think Crown is basing their show concepts to "counter" what BD is doing. You mentioned seeing "changes" in both corps that illustrate your point. I'd love to hear them.

• Like 3

It gets clearer and clearer each year that after switching away from G, Carolina Crown is the only corps to keep the type of sound drum corps were intended to produce--that homogenous, pipe-organ-like aura that you can practically *see*. A uniform "burn" in the upper voices blended with a bottom end like a punch in the chest. Only other corps that can come close these days is Bluecoats. Blue Devils play loud at points, but it just doesn't sound like a loud drum corps sound. It's just there.

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

Are they still doing that awful not well-planned TOC retreat ceremony with all the corps? I remember it was kinda nice the first year they did it.

Know a few people that believe BD is the amuse bouche...

Don't agree with them but just saying.

Haters gonna hate, results speak for themselves. Not that it's going to change anyone's opinion, mind you. :silly:

I'm not a fan of TOC's in general, so I'd agree with you in this.

meh -- it's good to see all the medalists march in daylight once in a while. gives them some humility :-)

(and from the members' POV they actually get to watch some drum corps for a change)

meh -- it's good to see all the medalists march in daylight once in a while. gives them some humility :-)

(and from the members' POV they actually get to watch some drum corps for a change)

True, true.

It gets clearer and clearer each year that after switching away from G, Carolina Crown is the only corps to keep the type of sound drum corps were intended to produce--that homogenous, pipe-organ-like aura that you can practically *see*. A uniform "burn" in the upper voices blended with a bottom end like a punch in the chest. Only other corps that can come close these days is Bluecoats. Blue Devils play loud at points, but it just doesn't sound like a loud drum corps sound. It's just there.

Sorry bro, but you need to sit in their circle this year. They're freakin' deafening....and I'm not someone that gives those kinds of compliments lightly. Love Crown's sound too. They have the Yamaha type sound, as do Cadets. BD are back on Kings this year BTW, instead of the Conn System Blue horns.

• Like 2

I was with you until that last sentence.

/s