Question about Dallas

If you're based in Richardson for the week, Uptown, Knox/Henderson should be doable. Ditto with Addison. If you're relatively close to a DART light-rail stop, not hard to get downtown/into the West End, either. Food-wise Deep Ellum is pretty solid. Ditto with craft/local breweries.

If you want an actual interesting town, come over to Fort Worth. :ninja: Generally better cultural district, downtown is actually walkable/has interesting things to do in it. Stockyards are fun, if a bit tourist-y. 7th Street (between downtown and the Cultural District) is also pretty great nowadays.

And Whataburger is by far the superior fast food place in the area.

Couldn't agree more. FTW FTW.

• Like 1

If you're based in Richardson for the week, Uptown, Knox/Henderson should be doable. Ditto with Addison. If you're relatively close to a DART light-rail stop, not hard to get downtown/into the West End, either. Food-wise Deep Ellum is pretty solid. Ditto with craft/local breweries.

If you want an actual interesting town, come over to Fort Worth. :ninja: Generally better cultural district, downtown is actually walkable/has interesting things to do in it. Stockyards are fun, if a bit tourist-y. 7th Street (between downtown and the Cultural District) is also pretty great nowadays.

And Whataburger is by far the superior fast food place in the area.

I second this.

Again.

PATTY MELT! But everything else is also awesome at Whataburger.

• Like 1

I second this.

Again.

PATTY MELT! But everything else is also awesome at Whataburger.

I'm a simple guy, number 4 and spicy ketchup. Patty melts are great too. HBCBs at night though.

• Like 1

Stay away from the book depository in Dealey Plaza...

I can agree with the Fort Worth notion. You could come take a good look at Bass Hall, an awesome movie theater, some amazing eats, and a small dive called Scat's Jazz Lounge all in Sundance Square. Beautiful area. Would heavily recommend Scat's as most nights they have live bands and a pretty good drink menu!

Or if you want to stick with Dallas, the Ross Perot museum is super cool, even for adults.

Edited by THeShadeOfNight

Speaking of Texas burgers, if you're making your way down to San Antonio, you should make a detour (it's not a small one, though) to Alamo Springs Cafe, outside of Fredericksburg. They're ridiculous.

4043E67F-D526-4729-80C5-50A946ABB316_zps

We like the Uptown and Knox/Henderson areas. The Angelika at Mockingbird Station (close to Knox/Henderson) offers some indie movies (which we don't get in Oklahoma). To a lesser extent with the Magnolia theater in uptown. I like checking out college campuses when I'm in a new city, and SMU (also in that area) is pretty.

A couple ideas on foodstuffs:

- Fadi's for quick Mediterranean

- Bread Winners and Fat Rabbit in the uptown area, and there's also a Grimaldi's