Denton TX Duelings

On my way from Tulsa.

:D

Heading down from OKC soon. I'll wave at you

Soooo jealous

I lost interest in DCI for years since the introduction of electronics. I saw my first show in 1978 in Dallas, and marched in the early 80's, so I'm definitely "old school."

SCV was a mere 10 minutes from my house last night, so I naturally had to go give a listen/watch. It was my first live experience since the Cavaliers (my alma mater) were 2 miles from my house 3 years ago for a rehearsal. Man, I didn't have half the talent that these kids do these days. While the guard sill has a lot of trouble with some work in the middle of the show last night, which was surprising to me, the horn line blew me away (yeah, pun intended). Even though I haven't watched a show in quite some time, I could definitely tell where the "VANGUARD" yell belongs in this show.

I'm looking forward to seeing my first show in 6 years tonight in Denton.

• Like 3

I lost interest in DCI for years since the introduction of electronics. I saw my first show in 1978 in Dallas, and marched in the early 80's, so I'm definitely "old school."

SCV was a mere 10 minutes from my house last night, so I naturally had to go give a listen/watch. It was my first live experience since the Cavaliers (my alma mater) were 2 miles from my house 3 years ago for a rehearsal. Man, I didn't have half the talent that these kids do these days. While the guard sill has a lot of trouble with some work in the middle of the show last night, which was surprising to me, the horn line blew me away (yeah, pun intended). Even though I haven't watched a show in quite some time, I could definitely tell where the "VANGUARD" yell belongs in this show.

I'm looking forward to seeing my first show in 6 years tonight in Denton.

enjoy - I'd say "keep an open mind" but it sounds like you already have one!

Agree on your comments - amazing talent and resources in today's corps - far superior to in the past

I frankly just "ignore" the design/arrangement approaches that aren't my cup of tea anymore - and try to enjoy/focus on all the great performances and talent

On my way from Tulsa.

:D

be safe, we need your periscope, man in the stand interviews, mini reviews, full reviews, concession thoughts and of course youtube videos tonight

enjoy - I'd say "keep an open mind" but it sounds like you already have one!

Agree on your comments - amazing talent and resources in today's corps - far superior to in the past

I frankly just "ignore" the design/arrangement approaches that aren't my cup of tea anymore - and try to enjoy/focus on all the great performances and talent

There were still moments in their show that annoyed me, as the electronics "noise" somewhat overshadowed the corps proper. I hope that isn't the norm tonight.

As I said previously, I hope this isn't one of those instances where you can't remember why you quit frequenting a specific restaurant, so you go there, and immediately remember why you quit going there to begin with.

Went and sat in on Crown's ensemble practice last night after seeing it live the night before here in Bentonville. Interesting polishing being worked on. The run through already sounded better than the night before in a few spots that needed work. There is so much doggone detail going on in Roxanne, it's absolutely crazy! Definitely enjoyed seeing and hearing it live once more before they left the area. They were absolutely relentless in every detail last night, especially the closer! I think they place 1st tonight. It will be close but they are on to something with this show. Wow.

This is very encouraging news. Did they make any major changes to any section of the show?

• Like 1

Where is SCV staying? Bluecoats are in Burleson, Cavies are probably at the show site, Carolina Crown is at Lake Dallas High School, I think. Any other housing information?