Most Beautiful Drum Corps Moments

Phantom Regiment 1996 closer

I know it is more powerful then beautiful but watching that show go down and all of the years of being the bridesmaid just fall away is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. To this day that closer of Shostakovich 5th is one of my all-time favorite moments.

Do you notice how many times PR has been nominated on this thread? Quite the 60th.

Do you notice how many times PR has been nominated on this thread? Quite the 60th.

Because they're the most beautiful corps in DCI, obviously :smile:

Phantom Regiment 1996 closer

I know it is more powerful then beautiful but watching that show go down and all of the years of being the bridesmaid just fall away is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. To this day that closer of Shostakovich 5th is one of my all-time favorite moments.

I actually like the opener of that show better. Nothing can ever beat that opener in my mind. The slow build is mind-boggingly good

• Like 1

I actually like the opener of that show better. Nothing can ever beat that opener in my mind. The slow build is mind-boggingly good

Nothing beats a good slow burn. In a movie, video games, books, or a drum corps show. The feeling of a slowly building tension over a long period of time FINALLY paying off is just.......ugh. So good.

Didn't bring that one up because I figured it had already been mentioned.

Visually, the fact that one lone guard member at the first climax of that opener commands your entire attention in that simple red dress with that simple red flag, is pretty dang beautiful in itself.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

So, I will post another (again) from Phantom. This one makes me tear up almost every time.

Ave Maria (Franz Biebl).. This was the ballad from Phantom's 2006 "Faust" show.

This recording is done by the 2008 hornline at a funeral for the niece of J.D. Shaw (who arranged the piece for PR).

I assume it is recorded either at the funeral or in the venue (church/cathedral) where it took place.

This was breathtaking on the field, but simply glorious as recorded here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaZ5e0h1UFM

Edited by DTrooper77

I'm SOOOOO glad the fans let that moment happen in Finals without the childish shoutouts that ruin too many Drum Corps presentations.

Agree with you there....Sitting at finals, all I could think was.....PLEASE everyone just enjoy this and not ruin it. I was amazed they did.

• Like 1

That entire show is just stunningly done from the uniforms to the visual aspects of it and literally everything about it. The honline was world class and the visual program is one of the best I have ever seen them perform (outside of 1993)

• Like 1

The ballad in Frameworks.

It's not emotional in the typical way we think of it, but it is beautiful in a minimalist sense. The way the brass performed it was magnificent, and a big part of the reason why they hit the 99pt threshold.