Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

Just jumping on to get today's schedule and I wonder:

Is ANYONE going to watch the entire 9 hours of broadcast performances today?

I'm smoking ribs for 6 hours so I'll likely have the show on for all of it, and I HAVE to see the Pacific Crest, Surf, OC, Spirit, and then from 15 on up.

Have friends coming over to watch whose 14 year old son made it his goal to make first chair trumpet in his local, VERY competitive marching band. And he MADE IT! Only the second freshman 1st-position trumpet in the history of the program! (His Dad played trumpet in school.)

Two weeks ago I intro'd his parents to drum corps (son had heard of 'Coats) and what being a parent of a "summer marching band" kid is like, and we plan to immerse them into the activity while munching ribs, mac & cheese, and green bean casserole.

Then they're going with us to the Centerville, OH show on Tuesday night. I think the son is going to get hooked quickly, and maybe Dad, but Mom will likely join our family matriarch put up with our little hobby (and maybe roll her eyes at us band geeks).

Going to be a fun day!

I LOVE this part of the drum corps season!

I'll be over around 5-ish. Anything I can bring??? :silly:

Among the items on the menu tonight: A Drum Corps Graveyard Dip, inspired by The Academy's "A Drum Corpse Bride."

13647132_10153749669737393_103596982_o.j

• Like 6

Among the items on the menu tonight: A Drum Corps Graveyard Dip, inspired by The Academy's "A Drum Corpse Bride."

13647132_10153749669737393_103596982_o.j

Haha oh my god

Off topic a bit- but speaking of broadcasts-Did anyone else see that Nightbeat stream is 60 bucks? What the hell???

Edited by KPinCAL

YES. All corps are good and have something to add. not just the top ones.

this is Why DCI should do a total draw at these shows.

Edited by 777hornman
  • Like 1

I won't be watching the broadcast but I will watch all 9 hours, IN PERSON! Heading over to the dome in a few minutes. Go Crown (or Bloo...I'm not picky).

• Like 4

On the way to the stadium, traffic is CRAZY outside the city! And it is very rainy. GPS says should get to the stadium in 10 minutes, but it may take 20 or 30 with all this madness!

Off topic a bit- but speaking of broadcasts-Did anyone else see that Nightbeat stream is 60 bucks? What the hell???

It's $49, and $30 of that gets donated to the corps of your choice, so it's a fundraising event, rather than a regular live stream event.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211085600

Edited by Slingerland