CYO Nationals Tribute show. Quincy, Ma.

After the next set of scores, these are obsolete. Whether they were accurate or not.

Omg y'all are getting antsy. Lol.

Yeah but no need to police da forum, like you are from Fort Bend or Montgomery county. :silly:

True for all scores all the time. Just nice to see them get some love for the first time in the 16 season.

• Like 1

After the next set of scores, these are obsolete. Whether they were accurate or not.

Omg y'all are getting antsy. Lol.

Its all fun... really... haha!...few, if anybody, even remembers who won even the full panel San Antonio, Texas Regional from last year. ( haha... Cadets, by the way. )

Edited by BRASSO

This probably accounts for the California based Corps ( Mandarins ) jump in score of over 4 points in this show last nite in Massachusetts. Massachusetts residency DCI judges that have been judging for decades in DCI are rumored to be favorably biased towards Corps from California over most Corps from other regions of the country. This is probably why the Illinois based Corps ( Cavaliers ) did not get even half the jump in score that this California based Corps did, despite being off practicing with no shows since Monday.

Well known phenomenon for DCI Mass based judges ,,, they spend the winters in Cali or other west coast locations. They gave up the fly south years ago when first 27 "gave all they had and had nothing left to give" followed by the exit of circle K's Suncoast Sound.

Edited by E3D

I did not mention the other corps just BAC. Young maybe. Maybe they are also trying to adapt their show to the 016 judging changes / criteria and different judges and staff opinion and others etc. I would rather see it done right than not. After all it is a complex 12m, show design / production.

Yeah,

I get you didn't mention other corps. That is why I did. Boston does not exclusivity of a difficult tour is what I was saying. It seemed you were making a disclaimer of sorts for what is currently happening with their performances. Maybe I missed your explanation. I also get it is a show with complexity. Again I'll say Boston doesn't have exclusivity to complexity either, although your inference is that they do, more than others. I know you are VERY supportive, but a bit of reality needs to be a component of your POV. Please keep supporting them and we'll all try to get better at understanding you. There is an odd level of amusement in that.

• Like 1

I would like to know how anyone knew that there was a reduced slate of judges and no percussion judge at the Quincy show. And also that four of them are from MA.

In light of DCI 's new policy the extended recap with judges names are not being provided this year.

• Like 1

And the panel in Quincy was a "local" panel with 4 "DCI" judges from Ma.

Yes. The 4 judges were all from Quincy, Ma. too. North Quincy, South Quincy, West Quincy, East Quincy. Rumors are out there that all 4 are related and all 4 marched Boston BITD.

Edited by BRASSO

Regulars were on DCP will have to admit that from the very beginninjg of this season, at no time did I bash the judges, where they are from, or quibbled over full panels, partial panels, full moon, or anything else. THUS, I believe I have earned some credibiltty in this regard. I have been saying for over a month that Boston was making the desired changes and that I had "supreme confidence" in tyhe judging panels' ability to reward improvement.

Also, for the record, they weren't all Mass judges and the ones who were actually had judged BAC earlier this season and had HAMMERED them. DrumTX is right...by this weeeknd, these scores will be history.

The Atlanta scores already are.