CYO Nationals Tribute show. Quincy, Ma.

There are more judges in the mid west than in the east. Very interesting. they are more shows in the midwest than any place less. and DCI finals are in the midwest as well ( look at the slotting) 10 from the the west a two from the east. Interesting.

There is no conspiracy in any of this however. DCI did make a concerted effort to align themselves with the scholastic marching band community years ago... no secret from them on that either The fact that the best scholastic marching bands can generally be found in warmer climates than colder climates is no revelation to anyone. There are exceptions to every rule, but scholastic marching bands are generally far more likely to be found in the South, Southwest, West. Just like Ice Hockey. Where would we tend to find the best scholastic Ice Hockey Programs ? Texas ? or the northeast or the northern midwest states ? Its a no brainer. That said, its hard to see a DCI future growth pattern of any consequence if DCI becomes more of a regional activity, than a national one. DCI has no World Class Division Corps in Canada either. Canada used to produce some terrific Corps, and great crowds at its shows in Canada... but thats all but disappeared. Any chance that DCI will ever get its Finals back on TV, must include the northeast in my opinion. Otherwise, no potential advertisers will ever consider underwriting it either in total, or in part. As for the judges, I really don't see them as pushing a section of the country over any other. I really don't. If they were, we would not have the lopsidedness we are already seeing.

Edited by BRASSO

Irrespective of the scores themselves...I'm going to just congratulate Boston for closing the gap 47.5% (9.15 to 4.8) on the Cavaliers since Atlanta...

I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can.

• Like 2

For crying out loud, can't we just be happy Boston and everyone else had a good night, small panel or not? WTF!

lol....theres a little time left. p\Pre mature celebrating for some is crazy as well as doom and gloom for some. AS you said just be happy for the moment. It could work in a positive direction for a number of reasons

More than a few alums were at practices and did not realize how young many of the kids were, and spoke of the leadership of many of the veterans.

In my opinion, the lower a corps places, the younger the corps average age is. Trying to hang onto these younger mm and keep them from stepping up to a higher placing corps is always critical to all the corps who are usually not in the top two or three tiers. It's a challenge trying to compete when you might constantly be replacing young veterans with young rookies in some cases. Boston has had many strong vets over the years and may this years batch assist in convincing the younger mm to return.

Congratulations Mandarins. People are beginning to notice your rise !!

80 + Highest score of the corps in their Division I history