Who has the most to prove going into semis/finals 2016

I think the corps with the most to prove is the Blue Devils. Nobody has mentioned them. They are going for their first three-peat.

to prove.

They have NOTHING to prove at this point. Their record speaks for its self. A three peat would be "nice" but it's nothing compared to what they've done since 1975. Top 4 since 1975 "EXCEPT" once. That is mind boggling.

Edited by afd

Deleted. Wrong thread.

Edited by ouooga
  • Like 1

Crown--Quite a large number of people felt, and still feel, that they should have got the title last year..so they're going to try to write that supposed wrong

Blluecoats--they want their first ever title and it's entirely possible with their show this year. After Crown won in 2013, I felt Bluecoats were the corps that would most likely be the next corps to win a first ever title, though I didn't expect it o happen so soon, but am thrilled they'll have a real opportunity to take it on Saturday, though I'm still hoping for a Crown win.

Boston Crusaders--at the moment their rank is low enough they might not be able to attend finals for the first time since they missed out in 1998

Academy--I thought last year after "A Step in Time" that they could be the next corps to attend finals in their history soon. Their show looked so stupid when I saw the title of it, and learned of the music...but after watching them live in Bentonville, I changed my tune and I just loved it...I hope they can pull it off and make finals...

Probably Bluecoats. They lost guard, brass and percussion on Monday but still won the show. They never won a title and all eyes are on them. The question: can they get clean enough. That's pressure.

Is there a recap that shows that? Do you have some insider knowledge that us serfs and peasants aren't privy to?

IMO it's a 2-horse race, and I feel that Bluecoats have the most to prove, as they are trying to win their first title. Crown should stay a solid 3rd, and SCV should stay in 4th. Then the pressure starts again with can the Cadets stay ahead of the Cavaliers, and can PR stay ahead of BK, Blue Stars, and maybe Bones. Then the fight for 11-14 with BAC, Scouts, Academy, and Troopers.

Is there a recap that shows that? Do you have some insider knowledge that us serfs and peasants aren't privy to?

It was posted on the Massillon thread, or you can find it on Reddit under Leaked Recaps.

Bloo sure performed tonight (Q-finals) like they had something to prove! :cool:

-------Finals--------

Everything else is now irrelevant. At this point, only one corps has something to prove:

Bluecoats

• Like 4