Who has the most to prove going into semis/finals 2016

Maybe it's been said before BUT if it hasn't , my take on this question is " EVERYONE "

In a way, I agree. Very few people will ever know how the season went before Prelims... it's the recap sheets from Friday and Saturday nights that they'll read. While the individual MM and staff know the whole story, the only thing most people will ever recall is if you made Finals and what place did you get there. Not really fair, but that's life.

Madison. Cause that staff should be gone after this wreck.

Seriously lol? Give them a chance. Consistency is key

Probably Bluecoats. They lost guard, brass and percussion on Monday but still won the show. They never won a title and all eyes are on them. The question: can they get clean enough. That's pressure.

I agree: after the strong start-mid season (and even now), I think the pressure is on not to close out the season. Have they ever won a caption at DCI Finals? I don't recall that they have, though I could be wrong

Cadets. No corps has had such tribulations as this one. Lost 20 members for numerous reasons, rewrote 50% of show (music, drill, guard work as late as last week in July) . Putting in 15 hour rehearsal days so they can look like Cadets in INDY.

I disagree. They proved themselves already by beating SCV and coming in 2nd in music at the last competition. They don't have to do anything further in my eyes.

No one will remember or care about that.

It is DCI weekend they will remember.

Most corps have proving to do.

BD,BC, Crown = title.

Cadets -Overcome bad design by hard work and performance.

Phantom -Stay ahead of BK BS , and possible Crossmen .

Academy , Madison , Boston , Troopers = The finals hunt .

Mandarines, Oregon , Colts ,BDB = 80.00

Spirit -Top 20

Surf -top 25

Music city ,Genesis , Spartans = top 25

• Like 2

SCV. They have been on a slow but steady journey back to the top tier. They improve every year and have pulled out some impressive wins, but still end up plateauing early, at least the last couple of years. With Cadets and Cavies creeping up on them now, SCV will have to really hunker down to show that they can fend off the competition and compete at the highest level. Come on, SCV, I am rootin' for ya!

• Like 1

I think the corps with the most to prove is the Blue Devils. Nobody has mentioned them. They are going for their first three-peat.

They blew everyone out of the water in 2014, came back from behind and won last season, and now they are very close to winning it again.

Cadets and Cavs have gotten 3 in a row, and I'm sure they are fighting like hell to join that club. So I would say the Blue Devils have the most to prove.

The corps with the most pressure on them is the Bluecoats. Going for their first title, been ahead a good chunk of the season, probably a good 2/3rds of DCI fans are hoping to see it, yeah I'd say they might be feeling the pressure right now.

Honorable mention for most to prove goes to Blue Knights. Everyone had been expecting them to start competing in that higher tier, but with a perplexing show with questionable visual program for this level of competition, not to mention that they didn't put their closer on the field until mid season, they have been on an uphill battle all season. Instead of competing for 5th+, they now find themselves fighting to stay relevant in the current tier they are in. If they end up 9th, the season was a failure as far as competition goes. For me, I don't care much, I think they have a great show, one of my top 3 favorites this season.

Honorable mention for being put on pressure, is, of course, Academy, trying to make Finals for the first time, wanting to prove to the DCI community that they belong.

Tied with Boston, who is fighting to prove that they STILL belong. I give advantage to Academy and Scouts here.

Bluecoats, obviously. They have never won... coming close (as they have done) is not the same as winning.

But having the most to prove isn't the same as having the most to lose... important to keep in mind.