Madison Scouts 2017

16 minutes ago, msesq said:

Are you an alum?  Just curious.   I'm a Scouts and UW Band alum, and thinking you may be same given you're using a photo of Mike.

In all my years here I've tried really hard to be discreet. So let's just say you're pretty warm. Maybe even hot. But my role is to support. As others have said it is no longer my time. BTW if I'm doing the math right Leckrone is entering his 49th year at the helm this fall. That old crank may make it to 50 after all!  U Rah Rah

3 hours ago, westcoastblue said:

I see what you tried to do there. Unfortunately, it does not support any argument that you may be trying to make. 

Hahaha.. ok, I just go that jab.  

I'm fascinated by the costuming - is the show more of a mad max vibe or more of a lord of the flies story?
There was a bit of a controversy in the Twin Cities this past June - the art museum thought a recreation of a gallows used in the Sioux uprising would be interesting - the Native American community did not appreciate it - will there be any similar reactions with the Scouts' costuming? Or isn't the show really attempting to emulate Native American culture?

7 minutes ago, Bill L. said:

I am really jonesin ' for the Evanville show . 3 more days !!!

Me, too. After looking up what jonesin meant. Always a moment to learn something new.

Maybe I'm being impatient, but I'm bothered with how quiet folks are regarding the actual show. The costume caused such a stir, but little is being said about the show....was hoping for more positive hype from those outside the Scouts base.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, swmstom said:

Maybe I'm being impatient, but I'm bothered with how quiet folks are regarding the actual show. The costume caused such a stir, but little is being said about the show....was hoping for more positive hype from those outside the Scouts base.

Maybe it's because they've only done one show so far, and most people on here haven't seen it yet.

True....but truly epic shows get buzz talk going after one show. The people who ARE at these shows are saying very little.