Madison Scouts 2017

Anyone else get tired of seeing them lose to Crossmen and Blue Stars? lol I'm sure it will p1ss people off, but I'll continue to mock that kind of lame sheet. Have some pride! 7 points behind Cavies who were third in Indy the other night?? This is embarrassing...

***edit***: Contrary to how it may seem, I don't hate the Madison Scouts. I marched there. I idolized them before I ever became a member. I wanted to BE a Madison Scout. I could have auditioned for any corps I had wanted and made it. That definitely isn't an exaggeration. But I wanted to be a Scout more than anything, so I don't want to see them fail. I just hold them to a higher standard and want to see them achieve that...and, therefore, I'm much more critical because of that fact.

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

Anyone else get tired of seeing them lose to Crossmen and Blue Stars? lol I'm sure it will p1ss people off, but I'll continue to mock that kind of lame sheet. Have some pride! 7 points behind Cavies who were third in Indy the other night?? This is embarrassing...

The same Cavaliers sitting pretty in 4th overall, less than a point out of 2nd? Less than two points behind Crossmen and Blue Stars, both of whom made up a point or more on 3rd place Crown in 2 days? It's faaaaaaaar to early to get angry or embarrassed, especially when you considered how last year started and ended...

9 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

The same Cavaliers sitting pretty in 4th overall, less than a point out of 2nd? Less than two points behind Crossmen and Blue Stars, both of whom made up a point or more on 3rd place Crown in 2 days? It's faaaaaaaar to early to get angry or embarrassed, especially when you considered how last year started and ended...

Dude, no offense, but 7 points has been a running theme around here for years now. I've been on this board for 15 seasons. They have started the season 7 points behind the top 6 many, many times (and Cavies may be 6th, at best, right now). Maybe I should just start seeing them as a bottom-tier corps and accept that, but this is par for the course anymore. Mind you, when I marched, they were perennial top 6 finishers, 8 years off a championship and sandwiched between top 5 finishes. I don't recognize the Madison Scouts of the past decade. Hell, I was working for the Scouts the last time the finished 6th (2005).

When you truly love something, you have no problem pointing out its flaws because yoh know its better than that.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

RIP Superman suit. At least the new Madison costumes aren't of the body suit show-the-bulge variety...& they are masculine. But the headgear is awful. Losing to the Blue Stars & Crossmen has become all to familiar for Madison. They are starting this year in the same way they have started nearly every year...7 points behind the leaders. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

They have started the season 7 points behind the top 6 many, many times (and Cavies may be 6th, at best, right now).

Judging by their scores and spreads so far, 6th might be the WORST for Cavies. The 3-6 range will be tight, and the Cavaliers, as much as you may hate to admit it, seem to be legitimate medal contenders this year.

6 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

Maybe I should just start seeing them as a bottom-tier corps and accept that, but this is par for the course anymore. 

DUDE. I marched a "bottom-tier" World Class corps FOR FOUR YEARS, and I almost joined Madison that last year. If you are calling Madison "bottom-tier," what do you consider Pac Crest, Surf, and Cascades? Subhuman? Give me a ####### break. Calling Madison "bottom-tier" is insulting to the program and its members, YOUR BROTHERS.

9 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

Mind you, when I marched, they were perennial top 6 finishers, 8 years off a championship and sandwiched between top 5 finishes. I don't recognize the Madison Scouts of the past decade. Hell, I was working for the Scouts the last time the finished 6th (2005).

Yes, we know the history of the Madison Scouts. You old dinosaurs never shut the #### up about it and act like any corps that had a modicum of success in the past can never have a down period, and that any newer corps surpassing them is sacrilege of the highest order. Maybe Madison isn't a top 6 corps anymore, oh well. Maybe they will be again someday, maybe they won't. Digging up the past and holding a modern product to those old standards is a stupid and futile gesture. 

15 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

When you truly love something, you have no problem pointing out its flaws because yoh know its better than that.

When you truly love something, you don't insult their members and the product they put out. You support them without forcing your ideas and your image for them down their throat, and let them naturally evolve and mature. There will be down times, but if you truly love them you'll work through it with them, not lambaste them on public forums and social media.

I'm done for the night. Go be crabby somewhere else.

• Like 3

And ladies and gentlemen, the Madison Scouts continue to eat their own! Predictable and sad. Pathetic and needless. It is the decades of inbreeding. Years and years of it. Lies told to too many marchers in the late 90s early 2000s and probably beyond that created an unhealthy, uninformed, poor-me attitude alumni base that will forever and EVER be the corps' biggest albatross unless the current leaders eventually, as many corps have done, decide that that 20 years or so of alumni are a lost faction (with a few exceptions I am sure) and should not carry nor influence ANY creative design decision   ever!

The costume is beyond on point. ####! It is perhaps the BEST uniform on the field this summer. The show has taken the creative turn it needed. Let these members of 2017 do their thing. 

Stuck in the mud, sad, poor-me alumni-  IT ISN'T ABOUT YOU.  NEVER HAS BEEN. NEVER SHOULD BE. KEEP YOUR #### QUARTERS. Let these men march and play, spin and drum a 2017 production. It is their time. Their era. They DO NOT WANT To do a tried ### 1990 show. Just like you did not want do a tried ### 1970 show when you strapped in. 

Edited by westcoastblue
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Judging by their scores and spreads so far, 6th might be the WORST for Cavies. The 3-6 range will be tight, and the Cavaliers, as much as you may hate to admit it, seem to be legitimate medal contenders this year.

DUDE. I marched a "bottom-tier" World Class corps FOR FOUR YEARS, and I almost joined Madison that last year. If you are calling Madison "bottom-tier," what do you consider Pac Crest, Surf, and Cascades? Subhuman? Give me a ####### break. Calling Madison "bottom-tier" is insulting to the program and its members, YOUR BROTHERS.

Yes, we know the history of the Madison Scouts. You old dinosaurs never shut the #### up about it and act like any corps that had a modicum of success in the past can never have a down period, and that any newer corps surpassing them is sacrilege of the highest order. Maybe Madison isn't a top 6 corps anymore, oh well. Maybe they will be again someday, maybe they won't. Digging up the past and holding a modern product to those old standards is a stupid and futile gesture. 

When you truly love something, you don't insult their members and the product they put out. You support them without forcing your ideas and your image for them down their throat, and let them naturally evolve and mature. There will be down times, but if you truly love them you'll work through it with them, not lambaste them on public forums and social media.

I'm done for the night. Go be crabby somewhere else.

First of all, get over yourself. I never called anyone subhuman, so that is hyperbole. Secondly, a modicum of success? From 1973 the corps has won twice and made finals all but 4 times. That's almost an 88% success rate. So yeah, we have no right to expect better. Gtfooh with you preaching to us who actually auditioned, made, and MARCHED with the corps. You can call us dinosaurs, but we have a better idea of what the corps is than you ever will. Nothing personal, but don't come into this thread telling us what to think or feel...same as you telling other people in other threads that they have no right to their opinion. I've never insulted you or your corps or your experience. Don't come in here and insult mine.

14 minutes ago, westcoastblue said:

And ladies and gentlemen, the Madison Scouts continue to eat their own! Predictable and sad. Pathetic and needless. It is the decades of inbreeding. Years and years of it. Lies told to too many marchers in the late 90s early 2000s and probably beyond that created an unhealthy, uninformed, poor-me attitude alumni base that will forever and EVER be the corps' biggest albatross unless the current leaders eventually, as many corps have done, decide that that 20 years or so of alumni are a lost faction (with a few exceptions I am sure) and should not carry nor influence ANY creative design decision   ever!

The costume is beyond on point. ####! It is perhaps the BEST uniform on the field this summer. The show has taken the creative turn it needed. Let these members of 2017 do their thing. 

Stuck in the mud, sad, poor-me alumni-  IT ISN'T ABOUT YOU.  NEVER HAS BEEN. NEVER SHOULD BE. KEEP YOUR #### QUARTERS. Let these men march and play, spin and drum a 2017 production. It is their time. Their era. They DO NOT WANT To do a tried ### 1990 show. Just like you did not want do a tried ### 1970 show when you strapped in. 

Wtf are you and why are you in this thread? No one is eating their own. That's rich coming from someone with the handle "westcoastblue". What do you know about the Scouts alums and how we feel about things. Stay in your lane. No one is asking them to do a "tried" (typo) @ss 1990's show, so kindly see yourself out.

q7nqBUb.gif

Edited by BigBadMadMan

7 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

First of all, get over yourself. I never called anyone subhuman, so that is hyperbole. Secondly, a modicum of success? From 1973 the corps has won twice and made finals all but 4 times. That's almost an 88% success rate. So yeah, we have no right to expect better. Gtfooh with you preaching to us who actually auditioned, made, and MARCHED with the corps. You can call us dinosaurs, but we have a better idea of what the corps is than you ever will. Nothing personal, but don't come into this thread telling us what to think or feel...same as you telling other people in other threads that they have no right to their opinion. I've never insulted you or your corps or your experience. Don't come in here and insult mine.

Case in point. Shallow. Un-thinking. Cares about his experience WAY more than that of the 2017 marcher. 

Just now, westcoastblue said:

Case in point. Shallow. Un-thinking. Cares about his experience WAY more than that of the 2017 marcher. 

You couldn't be further off-base if you tried. But thanks for playing.

• Like 1