2017 PREDICTIONS!

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

No!  Not one corps in your list.

Exactly! Gotta follow the progression of the thread.

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

My bad, guess this is a universal.

My 2017 predictions are:

1. Marian Catholic

2. Avon

3. Carmel

4. Lawrence Township

5. Ronald Reagen

6. Kiski

7. Lake Park

8. Tarpon Springs

9. Ayala

10. Ben Davis

Does that suffice for the 2017 DCI prediction thread?

Maybe in the early 2000's XD

2 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Maybe in the early 2000's XD

You realize I'm not serious, and was writing random bands on a drum corps site, right?

See, it's Drum Corps Planet with a thread that has become about BOA-so I am not serious.

I'm shocked that I have to spell these things out for some on this thread.

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

You realize I'm not serious, and was writing random bands on a drum corps site, right?

See, it's Drum Corps Planet with a thread that has become about BOA-so I am not serious.

I'm shocked that I have to spell these things out for some on this thread.

I cant tell if youre serious or not....

2 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I understand your frustration...when inflection of speech is missing...that is the pitch and tone patterns...it can sometimes be difficult to discern the intent of a written post absent of an emoticons...some seem to forget that not everyone has the same thought patterns...

15 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Really?

9 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I understand your frustration...when inflection of speech is missing...that is the pitch and tone patterns...it can sometimes be difficult to discern the intent of a written post absent of an emoticons...some seem to forget that not everyone has the same thought patterns...

Emoticons are essential for the 2010's.  I have found that many people have suffered severe symptoms from emoticon withdrawal.  

I'll throw some up since I started this thread (someone had to) and haven't really predicted anything.  

I think The Cavaliers maintain or move up. I know there are many corps below them really gunning to move up and there sure as hell isnt a lot of room above them to move up but there was just something that felt really good about them as an organization and corps that showed an instant fantastic adjustment to some changes in approach on and off the field.  People tend to forget about the stuff that goes on when they're not rehearsing and being a group of people that just seemed to gel REALLY well.  They just felt "back" in all aspects.  

I think The Academy stays in. I just don't see the formulaic growth over 2 seasons not continuing. There is a plan and formula there and I don't see them throwing it away.  Oh my God there is a storm brewing behind them from more than one corps but I think they have the goods to stay ahead of it.  They seem incredibly in touch with their membership and what they can max out.  

I think Mandarins move up.  They know how to create a full package like no one else in the non finalist bracket IMO. Their last two shows have been so balanced and well written for their members and what they can achieve. No weaknesses.  No reliance on a strong section.  Just a great corps inside and out.  

I think Cascades move up.  Just read above why.  An obvious approach and plan over multiple seasons starting in 2014 has left them stronger than they've been in over a decade before they went inactive for a year.  They know who they are and what they're doing.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I'll throw some up since I started this thread (someone had to) and haven't really predicted anything.  

I think The Cavaliers maintain or move up. I know there are many corps below them really gunning to move up and there sure as hell isnt a lot of room above them to move up but there was just something that felt really good about them as an organization and corps that showed an instant fantastic adjustment to some changes in approach on and off the field.  People tend to forget about the stuff that goes on when they're not rehearsing and being a group of people that just seemed to gel REALLY well.  They just felt "back" in all aspects.  

I think The Academy stays in. I just don't see the formulaic growth over 2 seasons not continuing. There is a plan and formula there and I don't see them throwing it away.  Oh my God there is a storm brewing behind them from more than one corps but I think they have the goods to stay ahead of it.  They seem incredibly in touch with their membership and what they can max out.  

I think Mandarins move up.  They know how to create a full package like no one else in the non finalist bracket IMO. Their last two shows have been so balanced and well written for their members and what they can achieve. No weaknesses.  No reliance on a strong section.  Just a great corps inside and out.  

I think Cascades move up.  Just read above why.  An obvious approach and plan over multiple seasons starting in 2014 has left them stronger than they've been in over a decade before they went inactive for a year.  They know who they are and what they're doing.  

Great post.  I would probably add that Colts move up.  Lots of great staff changes.