2017 PREDICTIONS!

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

If this happened, it would be a breath of fresh air to an activity crying out for more placement shifts from one season to the next, imo. . Although this prediction, if it came true, would have no new finalists from last season's Top 12, it still would represent a shake up in the entrenched Old Order in the upper echelon of DCI in the World Class Division.

Something in my gut tells me we will be getting that this year.  

Or it's indigestion from the kinda mediocre chain Mexican food I had for lunch.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Something in my gut tells me we will be getting that this year.  

Or it's indigestion from the kinda mediocre chain Mexican food I had for lunch.   

Having the same finalists as last year in almost the same order is "fresh"?   Must be the burritos!   

The only thing "fresh" is BAC leaping 6 places to place over the Cadets.    That would be pretty significant (if it actually happened).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Having the same finalists as last year in almost the same order is "fresh"?   Must be the burritos!   

The only thing "fresh" is BAC leaping 6 places to place over the Cadets.    That would be pretty significant (if it actually happened).  

I meant the norm being shaken up.  Not that prediction itself.   

Just now, DrumManTx said:

I meant the norm being shaken up.  Not that prediction itself.   

I'd like to see BK move up into contention.  That would be FAR more exciting (to me) than having SCV and Cavies contend.( who after all have been there/ done that).  

• Like 2

Just now, corpsband said:

I'd like to see BK move up into contention.  That would be FAR more exciting (to me) than having SCV and Cavies contend.( who after all have been there/ done that).  

I think Blue Knights have more than enough  to make that happen.  I'd love to see Blue Stars crack their 8th place wall they couldn't seem to get past in 2008 - 2010, I also think they've got the goods for that.  

I would like to see Blue Knights continue to push forward because I think it's good for the activity.  Unfortunately, that means another corps would fall back a spot or two. Cavies seem to have found their mojo again, so it will be a matter of them retaining and expanding upon last year's success.  SCV has been pretty consistent.  Cadets....?

Of the usual contenders, I think theirs is the future that's most up in the air.  Lots of changes in the off-season, mixed with a lack of design consistency....  I just don't know.  They're my corps and I hate to see them anywhere out of medal contention, but it's getting crowded in that upper tier.

They will need more than their A-game to stay Top 5.

Just now, chaddyt said:

I would like to see Blue Knights continue to push forward because I think it's good for the activity.  Unfortunately, that means another corps would fall back a spot or two. Cavies seem to have found their mojo again, so it will be a matter of them retaining and expanding upon last year's success.  SCV has been pretty consistent.  Cadets....?

Of the usual contenders, I think theirs is the future that's most up in the air.  Lots of changes in the off-season, mixed with a lack of design consistency....  I just don't know.  They're my corps and I hate to see them anywhere out of medal contention, but it's getting crowded in that upper tier.

They will need more than their A-game to stay Top 5.

I think BK is already out-designing Cavies, SCV, and Cadets.  They just need to execute.  

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

I think BK is already out-designing Cavies, SCV, and Cadets.  They just need to execute.  

Agreed on this, minus possibly SCV (I like their style in '15 and '16 a lot). BK just needs that special sauce combo of show design and talent to crack the top 4. As long as they don't lose momentum, that can definitely happen in the next year or two.

Cavies I think you'll see an upswing again, but it might be another season before they get their stride. Seems like they've gone through a lot of staff/leadership changes over the past few years, but the team they have in place now feels strong.

14 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Agreed on this, minus possibly SCV (I like their style in '15 and '16 a lot). BK just needs that special sauce combo of show design and talent to crack the top 4. As long as they don't lose momentum, that can definitely happen in the next year or two.

Cavies I think you'll see an upswing again, but it might be another season before they get their stride. Seems like they've gone through a lot of staff/leadership changes over the past few years, but the team they have in place now feels strong.

hmm...well my feelings about SCVs designs recently are well-documented.  imho conceptually they've just been mailing it in.  yes the drill and music and the work are fine.  BUT -- come on, man!  Four Seasons?  Our Lady of Overused Show concepts,  pray for THEM!  

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, corpsband said:

hmm...well my feeling SCVs designs recently are well-documented.  imho conceptually they've just been mailing it in.  yes the drill and music and the work are fine.  BUT -- come on, man!  Four seaons?  Our Lady of Overused Show concepts,  pray for THEM!  

But, but, but.....there was a tree.

• Like 1