2017 PREDICTIONS!

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Well I think Academy will fall back out of finals. So I just pooped on the hype

Mike Boo poos on your poo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Well I think Academy will fall back out of finals. So I just pooped on the hype

No Worries George. and No offense taken either.  I suspect that now that THE ACADEMY has made it to finals for the first time, I fully anticipate that the frequency of the hype being "pooped on" will increase. It certainly comes with the territory and is the sort of "movement" to be found on DCP towards any Corps that shakes up the status quo. In Australia it's call the "Tall Poppy Syndrome," as soon as someone rises about the crowd, the effort is made to cut them down to size. Sad but more times then not, on 
DCP I found this to be true.

21 minutes ago, CorpsRelic said:

No Worries George. and No offense taken either.  I suspect that now that THE ACADEMY has made it to finals for the first time, I fully anticipate that the frequency of the hype being "pooped on" will increase. It certainly comes with the territory and is the sort of "movement" to be found on DCP towards any Corps that shakes up the status quo. In Australia it's call the "Tall Poppy Syndrome," as soon as someone rises about the crowd, the effort is made to cut them down to size. Sad but more times then not, on 
DCP I found this to be true.

Eh that has little to do with why I feel it is likely they will drop out 

its hard to make DCI finals for the first time, but often proves tougher to stay there

Several corps that finished just behind them last season will be gunning to overtake them. Only one of those has to succeed

It's just basic math as DCI annually lately has to squeeze 13-15 finals caliber corps into a 12 corps finals

Ask Madison, or Colts, or Troppers etc.

24 minutes ago, CorpsRelic said:

No Worries George. and No offense taken either.  I suspect that now that THE ACADEMY has made it to finals for the first time, I fully anticipate that the frequency of the hype being "pooped on" will increase.  In Australia it's call the "Tall Poppy Syndrome,

Number two poopy on the poppy ? Boo !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

its hard to make DCI finals for the first time, but often proves tougher to stay there

Ask  Troppers

The 'Troppers " poopy, is not a Troopers poopy.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Anybody else here getting pooped for the season to begin ?... ah jezz, I mean pumped for the season to begin ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2017 at 8:56 PM, George Dixon said:

Several corps that finished just behind them last season will be gunning to overtake them. Only one of those has to succeed

It's just basic math as DCI annually lately has to squeeze 13-15 finals caliber corps into a 12 corps finals

Ask Madison, or Colts, or Troppers etc.

While I can agree that your observastions are Right.  Any implication that THE ACADEMY is expected to sit on its laurels, stand pat,  satisfied with what they achieved with "Drum Corpse Bride?! "Would be DEAD Wrong."

Fact: the impressive and continuous improvements in the Quality of perfomances by Corps members and the demand of stellar staffs developing stellar programs of nearly every World Class and a growing number of Open Class Corps has seen the very deffinition of "Class"  evolve and dear I say disolve?. The bar is raised annually and the variables that seperate the Top 12, and Really ALL World/Open Class Corps is literally becoming blurred.   I wonder, as more and more Corps Knock on the door of the Final 12....could we see some sort of allignment that would add a "Universal Class" Division?!  Because as someone who has followed the activity for 51 years, the activity has made great strides that physically, visually, muscially, and budgetary elevated the activity Out Of This World.  With each passing season, just watching  a Drum Corps show from the stands can lead be a mind blowing, physically and emotionally, i.e.Drum Corpse Bride,  exhastive exercise :: - )   Let this Old Corps Relic catch his breath.

• Like 3

I predict that Academy will have an entertaining show that once again will be a huge crowd pleaser from coast to coast.