2017 PREDICTIONS!

5 hours ago, corpsband said:

I think BK is already out-designing Cavies, SCV, and Cadets.  They just need to execute.  

I'm not feeling that last year.  I thought it was pretty unfocused and the supposed tie into their previous two was incredibly reaching and I called what they were going to do with the ending at the begininning of the season.  I got the show but I think it was being sold for a lot more than it was.  

It dissapointed me after absolutely falling in love with them in 2014 and 2015, glad that "trilogy" is over so they can focus on something new and hopefully incredibly fresh like 2015 was.   Something I felt like I had never seen before. They've got so many elements working for them.  Bocook needs no introduction, what Jackson is doing percussion wise is such a fresh voice in that idiom, love the aesthetic they always come up with, and program design has been pretty great 2 out of the last 3 years.  Maybe they'll be way farther ahead out the gate this coming year.  I feel like waiting for this amazing closer half the season that was pretty much the last two years closer was a big wait for something we'd already seen.  

I say that all with love though.  I wanted to love that show so much.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm not feeling that last year.  I thought it was pretty unfocused and the supposed tie into their previous two was incredibly reaching and I called what they were going to do with the ending at the begininning of the season.  I got the show but I think it was being sold for a lot more than it was.  

It dissapointed me after absolutely falling in love with them in 2014 and 2015, glad that "trilogy" is over so they can focus on something new and hopefully incredibly fresh like 2015 was.   Something I felt like I had never seen before. They've got so many elements working for them.  Bocook needs no introduction, what Jackson is doing percussion wise is such a fresh voice in that idiom, love the aesthetic they always come up with, and program design has been pretty great 2 out of the last 3 years.  Maybe they'll be way farther ahead out the gate this coming year.  I feel like waiting for this amazing closer half the season that was pretty much the last two years closer was a big wait for something we'd already seen.  

I say that all with love though.  I wanted to love that show so much.  

I felt like 2016 just didn't have a chance to get fully refined.  Conceptually it alls hangs together but there were -- not sure how to say -- too many rough edges?  IDK.  I get your POV though.   

1 minute ago, corpsband said:

I felt like 2016 just didn't have a chance to get fully refined.  Conceptually it alls hangs together but there were -- not sure how to say -- too many rough edges?  IDK.  I get your POV though.   

I'd say half baked.  

22 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Because it's a prediction, why should it have to be justified? I also have them dropping out. They barely made it last year, and even with their changes, I think it'll be a down year.

Well Mr. Buttinski, If you notice I didn't ask him to 'Justify" anything.  I simply asked why he thought what he did.  A question from me to him, not needing you to chime in.  If he chooses ot not reply, that's quite OK.  I was curious.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Well Mr. Buttinski, If you notice I didn't ask him to 'Justify" anything.  I simply asked why he thought what he did.  A question from me to him, not needing you to chime in.  If he chooses ot not reply, that's quite OK.  I was curious.

Thank you for the childish name calling!

That being said, asking a question is seeking justification and validation, but you know, call names and be pissy instead.

Also, you may not have noticed this is forum where people are free to write and respond. 

There's this fancy message option on the site for one-on-one conversations though, if that's what you seek.

Have a fabulous day!

Edited by tesmusic

9 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Thats right... Your civil question.. posed civilly... was not asked of tesmusic. He just chimed in. So you had a perfect right to tell him to butt out, as the question was not directed to him at all. But since he wanted to speak on behalf of the poster whose question you asked civilly, he opened himself up for you to tell him to butt out on a simple question of curiosity for the other poster, not him. His follow up response to you now was also entirely disingenuous, as few here take his wishes for you to have a " fabulous day " has any sincerity to it, as that final salutation by tesmusic is of course dripping with insincerity for all to see. That said, predictions in the offseason are valuable as the Farmers Almanac that predicts the weather 6 to 12 months out. Its meant for shitts and giggles. If people buy the Farmers Almanac to seriously know what their weather is likely going to be 6-12 months out on any given day, they probably need to talk to a shrink, not to farmers that gave up crop turning to book sales turning. So predictions are just fun and games, and so your initial question above of a civilly posed question motivated by simple curiosity alone above was so noted, LabMaster.

Edited by BRASSO

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It's about time you got up BRASSO!

lol!... I heard the rooster crow., Ghost. I need to do something with that bird, as he's up before the crack of dawn making a racket. Its local noise pollution, I tell ya... haha!

Edited by BRASSO